This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A documentation generator is a programming tool that generates software documentation intended for programmers (API documentation) or end users (End-user Guide), or both, from a set of specially commented source code files, and in some cases, binary files.
Document generation can be divided in several type of documents:
- Batch documents (all automated documents)
- Interactive documents (documents that cannot be produced automatically)
- Text block correspondence (documents created based on pre-defined text blocks)
- Forms (forms for websites)
You can place every type of document you come across in one of these categories. A lot of software solutions are offered on the Internet that can automate these processes. In particular, some integrated development environments provide interactive access to documentation, code metadata, etc.
- Comparison of documentation generators
- Template processor
- Static code analysis
- Literate programming
- Integrated development environment
|This article related to a type of software is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|