Dodge County, Nebraska
|Dodge County, Nebraska|
Dodge County Courthouse in Fremont
Location in the U.S. state of Nebraska
Nebraska's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Augustus C. Dodge|
|• Total||543 sq mi (1,406 km2)|
|• Land||529 sq mi (1,370 km2)|
|• Water||14 sq mi (36 km2), 2.6%|
|• Density||53/sq mi (20/km2)|
|Time zone||Central: UTC−6/−5|
Dodge County is a county in the U.S. state of Nebraska. As of the 2010 census, the population was 36,691. Its county seat is Fremont. The county was formed in 1855 and named after the US Senator Augustus Caesar Dodge.
In the Nebraska license plate system, Dodge County is represented by the prefix 5 (it had the fifth-largest number of vehicles registered in the county when the license plate system was established in 1922).
|Dodge County Sheriff's Office|
|Operations jurisdiction||Dodge County, Nebraska, United States|
|Legal jurisdiction||Dodge County, Nebraska|
|Headquarters||428 N. Broad, Fremont, NE 68025|
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office (DCSO) is the primary law enforcement agency for Dodge County, Nebraska. The Sheriff's Office is located at 428 N. Broad St in Fremont, Nebraska which is the county seat.
Currently DCSO serves the county and its incorporated cities within the county. The only village that relies solely on DCSO for police services is North Bend, Nebraska which is known as a contract city. All other cities within the county have some type of police department or city marshal.
With 16 Deputies and 4 Sergeants, they also have a K9 unit but share another K9 unit with the Fremont city police department,and a SWAT unit is also used with the Fremont Police department, DCSO currently serves a population of 36,691 people and a total area of 544 square miles (1,410 km2).
Dodge County's current Sheriff is Steven Hespen who assumed his office in 2014.
- Burt County (northeast)
- Washington County (east)
- Douglas County (southeast)
- Saunders County (south)
- Colfax County (west)
- Cuming County (north)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 36,160 people, 14,433 households, and 9,756 families residing in the county. The population density was 68 people per square mile (26/km²). There were 15,468 housing units at an average density of 29 per square mile (11/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 95.90% White, 0.43% Black or African American, 0.30% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.09% Pacific Islander, 2.06% from other races, and 0.72% from two or more races. 3.93% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 48.1% were of German, 7.6% Irish, 5.7% English and 5.4% American ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 14,433 households out of which 31.10% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.80% were married couples living together, 8.50% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.40% were non-families. 27.60% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.40% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 2.95.
In the county, the population was spread out with 24.70% under the age of 18, 9.60% from 18 to 24, 26.20% from 25 to 44, 21.90% from 45 to 64, and 17.50% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 93.20 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.00 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $37,188, and the median income for a family was $44,790. Males had a median income of $31,108 versus $20,915 for females. The per capita income for the county was $17,757. About 5.30% of families and 8.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.30% of those under age 18 and 7.10% of those age 65 or over.
Other unincorporated communities
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Dodge County, Nebraska
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 9, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Dodge County". Nebraska Association of County Officials. Archived from the original on 7 February 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "History Of Nebraska Passenger Vehicle License Plates". Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.