Dog & Bone
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dog & Bone is an Australian-based consumer electronics accessory company that sells mobile protection products. Their products include protective smartphone cases for iOS and Android devices, smartphone charging cases and a line of Bluetooth-connected padlocks.
After being involved in the mobile electronics and accessory distribution industry for over a decade, founders, Lee Ranchod and Maria Ranchod established Dog & Bone in 2012. In 2013, the company released the world’s first topless direct touchscreen waterproof smartphone case, the patented Wetsuit. In January 2014, the company announced a wireless charging smartphone case with a replaceable battery module at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, the Backbone Wireless Charging Case. The Backbone was awarded a Good Design Award in May 2014 in the Consumer Electronics category.
At International CES in 2015, Dog & Bone previewed the first patented keyless Bluetooth padlock, the LockSmart, to the public. In early 2015, the company acquired a capital raising of AUD $2.0 million by way of a convertible note to private investors. In 2016, Dog & Bone announced a TSA-approved, Bluetooth connected luggage lock at the International CES in Las Vegas.
The Wetsuit Impact Case is a waterproof and drop proof case featuring a 9H flexible glass impact screen protector.
The LockSmart and LockSmart Mini are keyless Bluetooth connected padlocks.
The Wetsuit Case is the first waterproof, topless direct touchscreen smartphone case with Touch ID compatibility.
The Bone Guard is a thin (0.2 mm) screen protector made from premium tempered Japanese glass that features a 9h hardness, the world’s highest standard for drops and scratches.
- "Dog & Bone About Us". Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "Dog & Bone Our Founder". Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Greenberg, Larry. "Dog & Bone Wetsuit, Topless Waterproof iPhone Case". Run Around Tech. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Relly, Claire. "The best electronics from the good design awards (pictures)". CNET. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Persaud, Christine. "CES 2015: 10 MOBILE GADGETS TO WATCH". WiFi HiFi. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Killham, Evan. "Everything you need to know about CES 2016". Cult of Mac. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Boxall, Andy. "Here are our choices for the five best smartphone cases at CES 2016". Yahoo! Tech. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Hill, Simon. "CABLE NOTE INCLUDED: THE BEST WIRELESS CHARGING CASES FOR THE IPHONE 6 or 6s". Digital Trends. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Byrne, Seamus. "Aussie accessories: STM, Cygnett, and more". CNET AU. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "Dog & Bone Screen Protection". Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Mathis, Joel. "The coolest cases, battery packs, and other iOS accessories at CES". Macworld. Retrieved 12 February 2016.