Dog and Duck (TV series)
|Dog and Duck|
|Written by||Jonathan Lloyd|
|Directed by||Bob Harvey|
|Voices of||Josie Lawrence
|Country of origin||Britain|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||195|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Maddicott|
|Production company(s)||United Productions
|Original release||2000 – 2003|
Dog and Duck was produced by United Productions, later part of the UNM Group (United News & Media) for Meridian. The show centres on the characters of Dog and Duck, two toys who came alive when their owners were not looking. Other characters in the series included Piano, Tele and Elephant. The show featured a young Carrie Hope Fletcher as Jenny. The series was produced by Tracey Mulcrone and directed by Bob Harvey, with animation from Animated Extras. Josie Lawrence and James Fleet were the voices of Dog and Duck. Dan Maddicott was the executive producer. Jonathan Lloyd was a writer for the show. Other voices included John McAndrew, Eve Karpf and Gary Martin. Since 2009, it has had occasional repeats on the CITV channel. There are 195 episodes of 15 minute duration.
A review of an episode where the two toys find what they think is a cup belonging to elves was described as "Full of old-fashioned charm".
- Turner, Barry (2000-08-01). The Writer's Handbook 2001: The Complete Reference for All Writers, Journalists, Publishers, Editors, Screenwriters and Broadcasters. Macmillan UK. p. 348. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- David Buckingham; Margaret Scanlon (2003). Education, entertainment, and learning in the home. Open University Press. p. 87. ISBN 0335210082.
- Mike Joyce. "Dog and Duck". Retrieved 2013-06-13. (Press Release)
- "Guardian cartoonist secures TV deal". broadcastnow.co.uk. Media Business Insight Limited. 16 March 2004. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- Fountain, Tim (2002). Julie Burchill Is Away. Nick Hern Books. p. 12. ISBN 978-1-85459-675-8. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- Whithouse, Toby (2006-09-01). Blue eyes and heels. Oberon Books. p. 4. ISBN 978-1-84002-638-2. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Dog And Duck". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-06-13.