Doha Festival City
Doha Festival City is a 600,000 square metres (6,500,000 sq ft) shopping mall based in Qatar, owned by Bawabat Al Shamal Real Estate W.L.L (BASREC), with 240,000 square metres (2,600,000 sq ft) of leasable space, it is the largest operating mall in Qatar as of 2018 operated by Al Futtaim. Located north of the capital Doha in Umm Salal Mohammed, near the Al Shamal Road.
Doha Festival City is a destination with a world-class entertainment complex, and will be home to indoor and outdoor attractions unique to Qatar. This comprehensive mix of entertainment– from Qatar’s first VOX 4D cinema complex with 18 digital screens, to an Outdoor Leisure Trail space for exercise and cycling is designed to appeal to all ages.
Doha Festival City is the first fully certified sustainable mall in Qatar (Certification by GORD), receiving a 3-star GSAS Design & Build certification by the Gulf Organization for Research and Development (GORD).
- Aguilar, Joey (5 April 2017). "Qatar's 'largest mall' Doha Festival City opens". Gulf Times.
- Dipti Nair (21 March 2017). "Doha Festival City to open on April 5". Qatar Tribune. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Doha Festival City". www.dohafestivalcity.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Doha Festival City". www.dohafestivalcity.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "World's largest Monoprix Hypermarket makes Official Debut at Doha Festival City". www.dohafestivalcity.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "First official NBA Store in the Middle East opens in Qatar". The Jerusalem Post | JPost.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Doha Festival City Bringing VOX Cinemas to Qatar for the First Time". www.dohafestivalcity.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Outdoor Leisure Trail". www.dohafestivalcity.com. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Doha Festival City honoured with top global environmental certification". I Love Qatar. 9 January 2019.
- Scott, Victoria (20 March 2017). "Five things to know about the upcoming Doha Festival City". Doha News.