|• Total||10,955.91 km2 (4,230.10 sq mi)|
Dohuk Governorate (Arabic: محافظة دهوك, Kurdish: پارێزگای دھۆک) is a governorate in Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraq. Its capital is the city of Dohuk. It also includes the city of Zakho, which has at various times served as a checkpoint for the border with Turkey. Prior to 1976 it was part of Nineveh Governorate, which was called Mosul Governorate. Dohuk Governorate is mainly inhabited by Kurds and Assyrians.
- Governor: Farhad Ameen Kortê.
- Deputy Governor: Behzad Ali Adam.
- Governorate Council Chairman (PCC): Fadhil Omer.
- 41 total seats.
- 33 seats for the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP).
- 4 seats for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK).
- 4 seats for the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU).
- Amedi District
- Dohuk District
- Semel District
- Zakho District
- Akre District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Shekhan District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Sinjar District (de jure Nineveh Governorate)
- Gir-e Kumar
- "İşte Kürdistan Bölgesi’nin nüfusu…". Rudaw.net.
- "Map of area of Kurdistan Region & its Governorates". www.krso.net.
- "The Map Of districts Of Kurdistan Region". www.krso.net.
- "Human Rights Report 1 January – 31 March 2007" (PDF). UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) بعثة الأمم المتحدة. 1 لتقديم المساعدة للعراق. 25 April 2007. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- Zinda Magazine. "Zinda 6 April 2005". zindamagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- University of Dohuk
- Iraq Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit Reports, Maps and Assessments of Iraq's Governorates from the UN Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|