|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Original release||April 13, 2009– August 23, 2010 (US)|
Doing DaVinci was a popular science television program originally aired on the Discovery Channel in which the hosts attempted to create many of Leonardo da Vinci's inventions. The show aired on a weekly schedule with the first episode broadcast on April 13, 2009.
The inventions are created by a team of six members:
- Valek Sykes, a special effects expert and mechanical designer
- Bill Duggan, a carpenter and the host of Curb Appeal
- Flash Hopkins, an artist and builder
- Jurgen Heimann, a designer and puppeteer
- Alan Bovinett, an entrepreneur and mechanical engineer.
- Terry Sandin, a mechanical and animatronics engineer and a host of Prototype This!
The team consults with da Vinci researcher Jonathan Pevsner to understand the inventions and decide on materials for their construction.
The team first consults with Jonathan Pevsner to decide on materials and map out the basics of the design. The invention is then reconstructed in Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk's Digital Prototyping solutions. Then the team heads to a workshop to begin construction. After the invention is completed it is tested to determine whether or not the build was a success.
|#||Title||Original air date|
|01||"Armored Tank"||April 13, 2009|
|The team creates an armored gear-propelled tank operated by an eight-man team and capable of firing in a full 360° range.|
|02||"Siege Ladder"||April 20, 2009|
|03||"Scythe Chariot"||April 27, 2009|
|04||"Machine Gun"||May 4, 2009|
|The team creates a multi-barrel cannon capable of firing eleven shots at once.|
|05||"Self Propelled Carts"||May 11, 2009|
|The hosts split into two teams and compete to build the fastest self propelled cart.|
|06||"Catapult"||May 18, 2009|
|07||"Air Screw"||August 16, 2010|
|08||"Crossbow Machine"||August 23, 2010|
|09||"Double Catapult"||September 22, 2010(South East Asia)|
|10||"Springald Cannon"||September 29, 2010(South East Asia)|
- "About Doing DaVinci". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on April 19, 2009. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- Lafayette, Jon (March 25, 2009). "Discovery Is 'Doing da Vinci'". TVWeek. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- "Autodesk Inventor in Discovery Channel Series "Doing DaVinci"". Vizworld. April 26, 2009. Retrieved May 19, 2009.
- "Doing DaVinci Episode Guide". EpisodeWorld.com. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- Doing DaVinci episode list, MSN TV website