This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
|Founded||Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2012)|
|Products||Todoist, Wedoist, Twist|
Number of employees
|approx. 50 (2017)|
Doist is a private company whose team is the creator of Todoist, a cloud-based task management application, and Twist, a cloud-based team communication app. The company was founded as Ist Productivity Ltd. in March 2012 by Amir Salihefendic through the participation in the Start-Up Chile program. The name of the company was changed to Doist on October 23, 2012.
Doist is a fully distributed remote team with team members across the world. As of October 2017, their team is composed of 53 people from 23 different countries spread across 10 different time zones.
Doist is a fully bootstrapped and independent company. They have spoken of retaining full control of the company over accepting venture capital funding. They have stated that they have no exit strategy.
- Todoist was the first software released by Doist. Created in 2007, Todoist was one of the first task-management software available. Todoist for Android and iPhone was released in November 2012. In 2012, Todoist received a complete HTML5 update which allows the service to load in under 100 milliseconds with offline access and automatic synchronization. As of October 2017, Todoist has over 10 million users and is available on over 10 platforms including web, Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows.
- Twist was launched by Doist on June 21, 2017. It is a cloud-based team business communication tool. The launch was preceded by an invitation-only early access beta that began in January 2017. The communication app offers a mindful and calm approach to team communication that prioritizes threaded and asynchronous communication.
- "Why we don't have an exit strategy – Ambition & Balance". Ambition & Balance. 2016-02-08. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Popular Task-manager Todoist Launches its First Native Mobile Application Created by an Entirely Virtual, Globe-spanning Team". Prweb.com. November 20, 2012. Archived from the original on November 4, 2017. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- "Task Management Startup Todoist Launches Official iPhone & Android Apps". The Next Web. November 19, 2012. Archived from the original on November 4, 2017. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Dillet, Romain (June 21, 2017). "Twist is Slack without the annoying distractions". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on November 4, 2017. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
|This Chilean corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This software company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|