|Elevation||3,540 ft (1,080 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Dokolo is located approximately 58 kilometres (36 mi), by road, southeast of Lira, the largest city in the sub-region. This is approximately 236 kilometres (147 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in the country. Dokolo lies on the main highway, A-104, between Lira and Soroti. The coordinates of the town are 1°55'07.0"N, 33°10'12.0"E (Latitude:1.9186; Longitude:33.1700).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the town's population at 13,200. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 17,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 18,100. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 19,810
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- offices of Dokolo Town Council
- Dokolo central market
- Okello Oculi, novelist and poet
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Dokolo And Lira With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Dokolo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Dokolo" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Dokolo In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2014.