Dola is a census-designated place in central Washington Township, Hardin County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45835. It is located along State Route 81 between Ada and Dunkirk, 10¼ miles (16½ km) north-northeast of the city of Kenton, the county seat of Hardin County. The community lies at the headwaters of the Eagle Creek, which flows north to meet the Blanchard River in Findlay.
The community is near the site of Hardin Northern High School. Dola is frequently named as the location of this high school, and sports media such as JJ Huddle often refer to the school as "Dola Hardin Northern".
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Dola, Ohio
- Zip Code Lookup Archived October 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, pp. 36, 46. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- Kohler, Minnie Ichler (1910). A Twentieth Century History of Hardin County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Principal Interests,. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 187.
- "Hardin County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Frantz, Eric (2007-07-10). "Dola Hardin Northern 2007 Season Preview". JJ Huddle. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
|This Hardin County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|