Dollie de Luxe
|Dollie de Luxe|
|Genres||Pop music, Europop, Schlager, Musical|
Dollie de Luxe were a Norwegian pop duo consisting of Benedicte Adrian (lead vocal) and Ingrid Bjørnov (keyboard and vocal). Their debut album Første Akt from 1980 was awarded Spellemannprisen. They participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 1984 with the song "Lenge leve livet".
The duo Dollie was formed in 1980, and from 1984 called Dollie de Luxe. In 1985 they scored a Top 20 hit in France with their single "Queen of the Night/Satisfaction". Their musical Which Witch premiered at Bergen International Festival in 1987. The musical was staged at a West End theatre in London in 1992, with 76 performances. In 1995 they toured with the musical Henriette og hennes siste ekte menn, and also released the album Prinsessens utvalgte with selections from the musical. They were Norway's Eurovision Song Contest contestants in 1984.
- 1980: Første Akt (Nor #3, Gold)
- 1981: Dollies dagbok (Nor #10)
- 1982: First Act
- 1982: Rampelys (Nor #36)
- 1984: Dollie de Luxe
- 1985: Rock vs. Opera (Nor #7, Silver)
- 1987: Which Witch (Silver)
- 1990: Which Witch på Slottsfjellet (Nor #12, Gold)
- 1995: Prinsessens utvalgte
- 1999: Adrian/Bjørnov
- 2001: Dollies beste
- Bergan, Jon Vidar. "Dollie de Luxe". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- Jan Eggum, Bård Ose and Siren Steen, ed. (2005). "Dollie de Luxe". Norsk pop & rock-leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Vega forlag. ISBN 82-92489-09-6.
- New York Magazine - 27 Jul 1987 - Page 25 "'SERIOUS FUN!' Dollie de Luxe (that name covers two coloratura singers from Norway) performs operatic classics, as well as rhythm and blues, July 25 at Alice Tully Hall. They share the date with the talented and curious Ethyl Eichelberger.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Do Re Mi"
|Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "La det swinge"