Coordinates: Dolna Mitropoliya (Bulgarian: Долна Митрополия, "Lower Bishopric"; also transliterated as Dolna Mitropolia, Dolna Mitropolija) is a town in Pleven Province of northern Bulgaria, the administrative center of Dolna Mitropoliya municipality. It is about 10 km northwest of the city of Pleven. As of December 2009, the town has a population of 3,303 inhabitants.
Adjacent to the town is Dolna Mitropoliya Air Base, home of the aviation faculty of the National Defence University. The 12th Air Training Wing is stationed there. The aviation school was created in 1945 and named after Georgi Benkovski. The school moved to Dolna Mitropoliya in 1948, and in 2002 was incorporated as part of the National Defence University.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- История и дислокация на факултет “Авиационен” [History and Disposition of the Faculty of Aviation] (in Bulgarian). Vasil Levski National Military University. Archived from the original on 27 November 2012.
- Писта "Долна Митрополия" гр. Плевен - Супермотo [The track "Dolna Mitropolia" Pleven - Supermoto] (in Bulgarian). Bulgarian Federation of Motorcycle Sport. 2008. Archived from the original on 25 November 2017.
- Летището в Долна Митрополия станало писта по мотоциклетизъм незаконно [The airport in Dolna Mitropoliya became a motorcycling circuit illegally]. Ceta (in Bulgarian). 12 October 2010. Archived from the original on 25 November 2017.
- Писта "Долна Митрополия" отново става епицентър на мотоциклетния спорт [The track "Dolna Mitropoliya" again becomes the epicenter of the motorcycle sport]. Plevenutre (in Bulgarian). 29 September 2017. Archived from the original on 25 November 2017.
|This Pleven Province, Bulgaria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|