Dolnje Retje c. 1930
|Traditional region||Lower Carniola|
|Statistical region||Central Slovenia|
|• Total||1.84 km2 (0.71 sq mi)|
|Elevation||575.5 m (1,888.1 ft)|
Dolnje Retje (pronounced [ˈdoːlnjɛ ˈɾeːtjɛ]; in older sources also Dolenje Retje, German: Unterretje) is a small village southeast of Velike Lašče in central Slovenia. The area is part of the traditional region of Lower Carniola and is now included in the Central Slovenia Statistical Region.
The Slovene writer, political activist, playwright, and critic Fran Levstik was born in the village in 1831. A commemorative plaque was unveiled in 1889 on what remains of the house in which he was born. In 1987 a bronze bust was also placed nearby.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. 1906. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna, p. 40.
- Velike Lašče municipal site
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 18468
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 26276
|This article about the Municipality of Velike Lašče in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|