|Dolores M. Mertz|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 8th district
January 1989 – January 2011
|Preceded by||Marcella Frevert|
|Succeeded by||Tom Shaw|
May 30, 1928 |
Bancroft, Iowa, U.S.
Dolores M. Mertz (born May 30, 1928) was the Iowa State Representative from the 8th District. She served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 1989 through 2011. She received her AA from Briar Cliff College.
Mertz served on several committees in the Iowa House – the Judiciary committee; the Natural Resources committee; the Transportation committee; and the Agriculture committee, where she is chair. She also serves on the Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee. Her political experience includes twenty-five years as Democrat precinct leader and 13 years on the Kossuth County Central Committee.
Mertz was re-elected in 2006 with 8,142 votes, running unopposed.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-02. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- Mertz, Dolores. Iowa Secretary of State. 2006. April 24, 2007 Archived July 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Board of Directors – ALEC |accessdate=April 17, 2012
- Representative Dolores Mertz official Iowa General Assembly site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Appearances on C-SPAN
|Iowa House of Representatives|
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|