Shane Tutmarc of Dolour
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Years active||1997–2007, 2017|
Made In Mexico Records
Sonic Boom Recordings
Dolour was a band led by Shane Tutmarc of Seattle, Washington. Musicians including Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes, Eric Howk of Portugal. The Man, members of The Divorce, United State of Electronica, and Vendetta Red contributed to the band.
Dolour was formed in Seattle, Washington, releasing their debut 7" in December 1997 on Theory Records, and two self-released EPs before releasing their first album Waiting For A World War in April 2001 on Sonic Boom Records. By the release of Waiting for a World War, Dolour had become a solo project for Tutmarc. Tutmarc recorded Suburbiac, released on Brandon Ebel's Fugitive Records in 2002, with producer Aaron Sprinkle. The self-produced New Old Friends (2004) was released on Damien Jurado's Made In Mexico Records in November 2004. In 2005, A Matter of Time: 2000-2005, a collection of album tracks and rarities was released by Japanese label Quince Records. Over the course of 2004-2006 Dolour produced two separate albums: Hell or Highwater and Storm & Stress, which were combined and released on Japanese label Quince Records as The Years in the Wilderness in 2007.
In November 2017, Dolour released two new songs.
- Waiting for a World War (2001) Produced by Blake Wescott and Dolour. Sonic Boom Recordings
- Suburbiac (2002) Produced by Aaron Sprinkle and Shane Tutmarc. Fugitive Recordings
- New Old Friends (2004) Produced by Shane Tutmarc. Made in Mexico Records
- The Years in the Wilderness (2007) Produced by Shane Tutmarc. Quince Records (Japan)
- CPR (2003) - Promo CDEP for the forthcoming New Old Friends. Featuring "(Why Don't You] Come Around" later released on "A Matter of Time" collection.
- A Matter of Time: 2000-2005 (2005) - Featuring songs from the first three albums, plus the previously unreleased title-track, and rarities. Quince Records (Japan)
- The Shivering/That Dreadful Anthem 7" (1997) Produced by Aaron Sprinkle. Theory Records
- Iceland/The Ballad 7" (2001) - Pre-Suburbiac versions of Iceland, and The Ballad AKA "So Done With You". West of January Records.
- All Winter Long/Christmas With My Baby (2017) - Dolour 20th anniversary holiday single.
- Menage A Trois (pre-Suburbiac 2001 recording) - Eighteen NW Bands for RAINN Benefit (2001)
- This Whole World - Making God Smile: An Artists' Tribute to the Songs of Beach Boy Brian Wilson (2002)
- Subject: I Called Your Name - All That Was Built Here (Ten Years At The Old Fire House) (2002)
- You Can't Make New Old Friends - In Honor: A Compilation to Beat Cancer (2004)
- An Easy Life (pre-Years in the Wilderness 2004 recording) - Various Artists - We Make Our Own Mistakes, Volume One (2005)
- Eye For An Eye and It's All Up To You - One Voice for Home: A Collection of Music by Artists Against Violence (2007)
- I Need A New Mentor (previously unreleased 2006 recording) - "Three Imaginary Girls 10th Anniversary Mix CD" (2012)