Shane Tutmarc of Dolour
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Years active||1997–2007, 2017|
Made In Mexico Records
Sonic Boom Recordings
Dolour was formed in Seattle, Washington, releasing their debut 7" in December 1997 on Theory Records, and two self-released EPs before releasing their first album Waiting For A World War in April 2001 on Sonic Boom Records. By the release of Waiting for a World War, Dolour had become a solo project for Tutmarc. Tutmarc recorded Suburbiac, released on Fugitive Records in 2002, with producer Aaron Sprinkle. The self-produced New Old Friends (2004) was released on Made In Mexico Records in November 2004. In 2005, A Matter of Time: 2000-2005, an anthology, was released by Japanese label Quince Records. During 2004-2006 Dolour produced two separate albums, Hell or Highwater and Storm & Stress, which were combined and released on Japanese label Quince Records as The Years in the Wilderness in 2007.
In November 2017, Dolour released two new songs.
- Waiting for a World War (2001) Produced by Blake Wescott and Dolour. Sonic Boom Recordings
- Suburbiac (2002) Produced by Aaron Sprinkle and Shane Tutmarc. Fugitive Recordings
- New Old Friends (2004) Produced by Shane Tutmarc. Made in Mexico Records
- The Years in the Wilderness (2007) Produced by Shane Tutmarc. Quince Records (Japan)
- CPR (2003) - Promo CDEP for the forthcoming New Old Friends. Featuring "(Why Don't You] Come Around" later released on "A Matter of Time" collection.
- A Matter of Time: 2000-2005 (2005) - Featuring songs from the first three albums, plus the previously unreleased title-track, and rarities. Quince Records (Japan)
- The Shivering/That Dreadful Anthem 7" (1997) Produced by Aaron Sprinkle. Theory Records
- Iceland/The Ballad 7" (2001) - Pre-Suburbiac versions of Iceland, and The Ballad AKA "So Done With You". West of January Records.
- All Winter Long/Christmas With My Baby (2017) - Dolour 20th anniversary holiday single.
- Menage A Trois (pre-Suburbiac 2001 recording) - Eighteen NW Bands for RAINN Benefit (2001)
- This Whole World - Making God Smile: An Artists' Tribute to the Songs of Beach Boy Brian Wilson (2002)
- Subject: I Called Your Name - All That Was Built Here (Ten Years At The Old Fire House) (2002)
- You Can't Make New Old Friends - In Honor: A Compilation to Beat Cancer (2004)
- An Easy Life (pre-Years in the Wilderness 2004 recording) - Various Artists - We Make Our Own Mistakes, Volume One (2005)
- Eye For An Eye and It's All Up To You - One Voice for Home: A Collection of Music by Artists Against Violence (2007)
- I Need A New Mentor (previously unreleased 2006 recording) - "Three Imaginary Girls 10th Anniversary Mix CD" (2012)