Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor
Dolphin's Nose Viewpoint is a tourist spot in Coonoor, The Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu. Dolphin's Nose is well over 1,550 Meter (5075 Feet) above sea level, 10 km from Coonoor and is a spectacular spot to visit. The tip of the peak resembles a dolphin's nose, hence the name Dolphin's Nose. It is an enormous rock formation that is entirely unique. There are gigantic ravines found both to the left and right of Dolphin's Nose and there is a view of inspiring Catherine Falls with its continuing stream several thousand metres below which is located a relatively short distance away opposite of the Dolphin's Nose. Best part of spot are the hairpin turns and tea plantations on the way
The following are the tourist spot located in Coonoor:
- "See". coonoor.org. Archived from the original on 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Coonoor". himalayanquest.com. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Coonoor". coonoor.org. Archived from the original on 2011-09-03. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "About Dolphins Nose". holidayiq.com. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor". mustseeindia.com. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "you are here - Home - South India - Tamil Nadu - Coonoor". visitindia.org.in. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Report on a Trek to Dolphins Nose on 25 June 2011". brindavanschools.org. Archived from the original on 11 January 2012. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor.|