Dolphin shorts or Dolfins are a specific style of unisex shorts worn for athletics. They are typically very short and were originally made from nylon with contrasting binding, side slits, and rounded corners, with a waistband at the top—a style popular in the 1980s.
- Mansour, David (2005). From Abba to Zoom a pop culture encyclopedia of the late 20th century. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel Pub. p. 126. ISBN 9780740793073.
- Negley, Erin (8 September 2015). "Which 'Wet Hot American Summer' outfit is made in Pennsylvania Dutch country?". Lancaster Online. LNP Media Group. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Peril, Lynn (30 December 2007). "Hot Pants". In Mitchell, Claudia; Reid-Walsh, Jacqueline (eds.). Girl Culture: Studying girl culture : a readers' guide. ABC-CLIO. pp. 362–3. ISBN 9780313339097.
- McGinnis, Sara (27 April 2012). "Richard Simmons' new life as Dickie Jukebox". SheKnows.com. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Finkel, David (2 October 2012). "At Hooters, Men are Men and the Women are Girls. Anbody got a problem with that?". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2 January 2016.