|Traded as||(ASX – DHG)|
|Headquarters||100 Harris Street, Pyrmont, Australia|
|Jason Pellegrino  (CEO)|
|Brands||domain.com.au commercialrealestate.com.au allhomes.com.au|
|Owners||Fairfax Media (60%)|
Domain Group (or simply Domain) is an Australian digital property portal and associated real-estate industry business. The company was founded by Fairfax Media, when the publisher branded their real-estate sections in print with the Domain brand and first established an online presence in 1999. The company was a wholly owned subsidiary of Fairfax until November 2017, when Domain was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange as a public company, although Fairfax retain a 60% ownership of shares.
The Domain Group is best known for its real-estate portal domain.com.au, which is Australia's second largest real-estate marketing business with 90% market penetration. It competes directly with market leader REA Group, which is majority-owned by Fairfax rival News Corp Australia.
The Domain Group consists of a portfolio of businesses including:
- The home listings portal
- The commercial property portal
- My Desktop, An agency CRM and listings management system
- APM Pricefinder, a property data business whose products focus on modelling projected values of real estate for investors, agents and financial institutions
- Metro Media Publishing Group (MMP), which was fully acquired by Fairfax Media in January 2015 and consolidated into the Domain Group.
In February 2015, the Australian Financial Review published an article highlighting Credit Suisse analyst expectations of a likely float of the Domain Group in the future, and attributed an AUD $1.3 billion valuation to the group.
On 21 February 2017 trading in Fairfax shares was suspended until half yearly results and an announcement of intent to turn Domain into a listed entity were announced. Domain Group was widely seen to "prop up" Fairfax revenues, as the company's publishing divisions were struggling.
Domain began trading on the ASX at midday (AEDT) on 16 November 2017, with shares opening at AU$3.80 giving the company, listed as Domain Holdings Australia (ASX:DHG), a valuation of nearly AU$2.2 billion.
- "domain.com.au: Property from Every Angle". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on November 27, 1999. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Domain starts year with big subscription growth - REB". rebonline.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Is Domain.com.au catching up to REA Group Limited? | Motley Fool Australia". fool.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian". theaustralian.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Multi-Platform Business Solutions - Domain Group". domain.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "www.fairfaxmedia.com.au/ArticleDocuments/193/12012015%20MMPH.pdf.aspx?Embed=Y". fairfaxmedia.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Fairfax still likely to float Domain, Credit Suisse says | afr.com". afr.com. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Fairfax shares in trading halt ahead of Domain announcement".
- "Fairfax Media confirms Domain spin-off".
- Meade, Amanda (19 February 2016). "Fairfax Media posts $27.4m profit despite lower print advertising revenue". The Guardian. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Ward, Miranda (19 February 2016). "Domain drives growth for Fairfax as company continues on path from print to digital". Mumbrella. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Bennett, Lindsay (16 November 2017). "Domain valued at $2.2 billion after listing on ASX". Ad News. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Domain listed on the ASX at noon". ABC. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.