This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017)
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Vinita Rane (Shiv Sena)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Upeksha Bhoir|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||917 females/1000 males ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kalyan|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Dombivli|
|Civic agency||Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation|
Dombivli (Pronunciation: [ɖoːmbiʋliː]) is a city located near Mumbai and Thane city in the Thane district of Maharashtra state, India . It is part of Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).list. Current Municipal Commissioner 2022:- Dr Bhausaheb Dangde
Dombivli is located at. It has an average elevation of 13.534 meters (44.403 feet). The land here is rough and rocky by nature.
The climate is warm and humid. The average annual temperature is 26.7 °C (80.1 °F).
Dombivli is served by Mumbai Suburban railway network, i.e. it lies on the main line of the central section of Mumbai suburban railway network. Built in 1886, it is one of the busiest stations on the Central line and witnesses a footfall of more than 300 thousand commuters daily. Though none of the long journey express trains halt here, it is well connected to Mumbai and Navi Mumbai through Thane. Though during rush hours the station is an unacceptably over-crowded affair. Distance between Dombivli and Thane is 25 km (16 mi).Distance between CSMT and Dombivali is 50 km (31 mi).
- "Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority - About MMR". mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 1 December 2020.
- "Kalyan-Dombivili climate: Average Temperature, weather by month, Kalyan-Dombivili weather averages - Climate-Data.org". en.climate-data.org. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- Pawar, Yogesh (4 September 2011). "125 birthday bumps for Dombivli station". DNA India. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- "In Mumbai: RTO, traffic police check 117 autos, book 43 drivers outside Dombivli station". 2 August 2017.
- Mehta, Manthan (19 January 2016). "Dombivli busiest CR station in 2015, going by ticket sales". Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2016.