|Look up dome, domal, or domes in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the hollow upper half of a sphere.
Dome may also refer to:
- Dome (geology), a deformational feature consisting of symmetrically-dipping anticlines
- Granite dome, a dome of granite, formed by exfoliation
- Lava dome, a mound-shaped growth resulting from the eruption of high-silica lava from a volcano
- Lunar dome, a type of shield volcano found on the surface of the Earth's moon
- Resurgent dome, a volcanic dome that is swelling or rising due to movement in the magma chamber
- Salt dome, formed when a thick bed of evaporite minerals (mainly salt, or halite) found at depth intrudes vertically into surrounding rock strata
- Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (1982), Minneapolis, Minnesota, also known as "The Dome" or "The Metrodome"
- Millennium Dome (1999), London also known as "The Dome"
- NRG Astrodome (1999), Houston, Texas, also known as the "Astrodome" or the "Houston Astrodome"
- Domé, one of the Tibetan names for the Amdo region
- Dome Mine, Ontario
- Teapot Dome (also known as Teapot Rock), Wyoming⋅
- Malcolm Dome, English music journalist
- Ram Chandra Dome (born 1959), Indian politician
- Dome (artist) (born 1975), German graffiti artist
Art, entertainment, and media
- Dome (band), a 1980s post punk band
- Dome (1987), a science fiction novel by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry
- The Dome (periodical), a quarterly publication of the Victorian era, containing examples of contemporary literature, art and music
- Under the Dome (TV series), an American television series
- Dôme (coffeehouse), a chain of café restaurants based in Perth, Australia
- Dome (constructor), a Japanese-based racing car constructor
- Le Dôme, a garagiste wine label of Bordeaux wine producer Château Teyssier
- Le Dôme Café, historical Paris intellectual venue
Math, science, and technology
- Dome (mathematics), a closed geometrical surface which can be obtained by sectioning off a portion of a sphere with an intersecting plane
- DOME project, a computer architecture project for the Square Kilometre Array, designed by ASTRON and IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
- Norton's dome, a thought experiment concerning causality in Newtonian mechanics
- Dome car, a type of railway passenger car
- Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center (MARTA station), a passenger rail station in Atlanta, Georgia named after the Georgia Dome
- Steam dome, a steam locomotive component
- Teapot Dome scandal, Wyoming, United States
- Dome, slang for the upper half of the head or a bald head
- Dome, slang for fellatio
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dome.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.