Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up dome, domal, or domes in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles the hollow upper half of a sphere.
Dome may also refer to:
- Dome (geology), a deformational feature consisting of symmetrically-dipping anticlines
- Granite dome, a dome of granite, formed by exfoliation
- Lava dome, a mound-shaped growth resulting from the eruption of high-silica lava from a volcano
- Lunar dome, a type of shield volcano found on the surface of the Earth's moon
- Resurgent dome, a volcanic dome that is swelling or rising due to movement in the magma chamber
- Salt dome, formed when a thick bed of evaporite minerals (mainly salt, or halite) found at depth intrudes vertically into surrounding rock strata
- Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (1982), Minneapolis, Minnesota, also known as "The Dome" or "The Metrodome"
- Millennium Dome (1999), London also known as "The Dome"
- NRG Astrodome (1999), Houston, Texas, also known as the "Astrodome" or the "Houston Astrodome"
- Domé, one of the Tibetan names for the Amdo region
- Dome Mine, Ontario
- Teapot Dome (also known as Teapot Rock), Wyoming⋅
- Malcolm Dome, English music journalist
- Ram Chandra Dome (born 1959), Indian politician
- Dome (artist) (born 1975), German graffiti artist
Art, entertainment, and media
- Dome (band), a 1980s post punk band
- Dome (1987), a science fiction novel by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry
- The Dome (periodical), a quarterly publication of the Victorian era, containing examples of contemporary literature, art and music
- Under the Dome (TV series), an American television series
- Dôme (coffeehouse), a chain of café restaurants based in Perth, Australia
- Dome (constructor), a Japanese-based racing car constructor
- Le Dôme, a garagiste wine label of Bordeaux wine producer Château Teyssier
- Le Dôme Café, historical Paris intellectual venue
Math, science, and technology
- Dome (mathematics), a closed geometrical surface which can be obtained by sectioning off a portion of a sphere with an intersecting plane
- DOME project, a computer architecture project for the Square Kilometre Array, designed by ASTRON and IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
- Norton's dome, a thought experiment concerning causality in Newtonian mechanics
- Dome car, a type of railway passenger car
- Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center (MARTA station), a passenger rail station in Atlanta, Georgia named after the Georgia Dome
- Steam dome, a steam locomotive component
- Teapot Dome scandal, Wyoming, United States
- Dome, slang for the upper half of the head or a bald head
- Dome, slang for fellatio
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dome.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.