|President Emeritus of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See|
|Appointed||7 July 2011|
|Term ended||26 June 2018|
|Other posts||Cardinal-Deacon of Annunciazione della Beata Vergine Maria a Via Ardeatina (2012-)|
29 June 1967|
by Giuseppe Siri
9 March 2002|
by Dionigi Tettamanzi
18 February 2012|
by Benedict XVI
|Birth name||Domenico Calcagno|
3 February 1943|
|Alma mater||Pontifical Gregorian University|
|Motto||In veritate libertas|
|Coat of arms|
|Reference style||His Eminence|
|Spoken style||Your Eminence|
Domenico Calcagno (born 3 February 1943) is an Italian prelate of the Catholic Church. He has been a bishop since 2002 and a cardinal since 2012. From 7 July 2011 to 26 June 2018 he was President of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Holy See, where he had served as secretary since 2007.
Calcagno was born in Tramontana di Parodi Ligure, in the province of Alessandri on 3 February 1943. After studying arts at the diocesan seminary, he attended the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome, earning a degree in dogmatic theology. He was ordained a priest on 29 June 1967 by Cardinal Giuseppe Siri.
After several years of parish ministry, he was appointed professor of Theology at the Theological Faculty of Northern Italy and, later, at the Higher Institute of Religious Studies of Liguria. He served as president of the diocesan clergy institute and was the episcopal vicar for "new activities". At the national level his assignments included: Secretary of the Italian Priests Commission, Inspector of the Italian Episcopal Conference for Institutes of Religious Sciences, Director of National Missionary Cooperation between Churches, and Treasurer of the Bishops Conference.
Pope John Paul II appointed him Bishop of Savona-Noli on 25 January 2002. He was consecrated on 9 March. He served as Bishop of Savona until Pope Benedict appointed him Secretary of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See (APSA) and with the personal title of archbishop on 7 July 2007. On 7 July 2011 he became its president.
On 20 February 2012 Pope Benedict created him Cardinal-Deacon assigned to the church of Annunciazione della Beata Vergine Maria a Via Ardeatina.
Pope Francis made him a member of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life on 29 March 2014.
In October 2016, when several cardinals protested his plan for the APSA to lease commercial space to McDonald's in a building where several cardinals live not far from St. Peter's Basilica, he dismissed their complaints. He said: "I don't see the scandal."
Francis accepted his resignation as President of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Holy See on 26 June 2018.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 25.01.2002" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 25 January 2002. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 07.07.2007". Press Office of the Holy See (Press release) (in Italian). 7 July 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 07.07.2011" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Churches Assigned to New Cardinals". Zenit. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "List of Cardinal Electors". Zenit. 12 March 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 29.03.2014" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 29 March 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- McKenna, Josephine (18 October 2016). "A McDonald's at the Vatican? Cardinals aren't lovin' it". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- La Rocca, Orazio (15 October 2016). "Il cardinale Domenico Calcagno: 'Ci hanno fatto un'offerta buona, sul McDonald's adesso indietro non si torna'". La Repubblica. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- "Resignations and Appointments, 26.06.2018" (Press release). Holy See Press Office. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Calcagno Card. Domenico". Holy See Press Office. Archived from the original on 15 August 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
|Catholic Church titles|
| Bishop of Savona-Noli
25 January 2002 – 7 July 2007
Claudio Maria Celli
| Secretary of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See
7 July 2007 – 7 July 2011
| President of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See
7 July 2011 – 26 June 2018
Mario Francesco Pompedda
| Cardinal-Deacon of Annunciazione della Beata Vergine Maria a Via Ardeatina
18 February 2012 -