Domestic partnership in Ohio
Several jurisdictions in the U.S. state of Ohio have established domestic partnerships for same-sex couples. The fate of these partnerships remains uncertain since marriage has become available to all couples.
On July 30, 2012, the Columbus City Council approved benefits for domestic partners. It went into effect on August 29, 2012.
On November 4, 2003, voters in Cleveland Heights approved Issue 35, which created a municipal domestic partnership registry in the city. The domestic partnership registry went into effect on January 26, 2004.
On November 13, 2007, the Toledo City Council approved, by a 10-2 vote, of a domestic partnership registry in the city. On November 21, 2007, Mayor Carty Finkbeiner signed it into law. It went into effect on December 21, 2007.
On December 8, 2008, the Cleveland City Council approved, by a 13-7 vote, of a domestic partnership registry in the city. On December 10, 2008, Mayor Frank G. Jackson signed it into law. It went into effect on April 9, 2009.
- "Fate of Domestic Partnerships in Question". New York Times. June 28, 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Columbus, Ohio commission ignites domestic partner debate
- Columbus opens Ohio’s seventh domestic partner registry
- Cleveland Heights Domestic Partner Ordinance
- United States of America OHIO
- "Domestic Partner Registration". All Families Count!. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- New Domestic Partnership Registry in Toledo Archived March 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Finkbeiner signs domestic-partner registry into law
- Cleveland council votes to enact domestic partner registry
- Registration for domestic partnerships
- IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS September 21, 2009
- Council approves partner registry
- Same-Sex and Unwed Partners of Employees to Receive Benefits
- Athens passes partner registry and hate crime law
- City to start registering domestic partners
- Dayton, Cincinnati approve domestic partnership measures
- Joshua Gunter, Plain Dealer file photo. "Cuyahoga County approves domestic partner benefits". cleveland.com. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Filed on (September 21, 2012). "Oberlin Council approves domestic partner registry - Chronicle-Telegram". Chronicle.northcoastnow.com. Retrieved November 2, 2013.