Domingo G. Landicho
Domingo Goan Landicho (also called "Domeng," born 4 August 1939), is a Philippine writer and academic.
He obtained his Bachelor of Arts and BS in Journalism degrees from the Lyceum of the Philippines, and an MA in Education at the National Teachers College. He later earned his Bachelor of Laws degree at Lyceum. In 1994, he obtained his Ph.D in Filipinology from the University of the Philippines, where he has served as Writer-in-Residence and professor at the Department of Filipino and Philippine Literature and associate director for criticism at the Institute of Creative Writing. He was accorded Professor Emeritus stature by the University of the Philippines in 2005.
He was Director for Asia of Poet Laureate International, member of PEN International, and honorary member of International Writers' Workshop, University of Iowa.
He received numerous awards such as several Palancas, CCP Balagtas Awards, KADIPAN Literary Contest, Catholic Mass Media Awards, and Institute of National Language Awards.
He is currently the Editor-In-Chief of Tanod Publication.
- Kaya ng Pinoy
- Paglalakbay, Mga Piling Tula (1974)
- Himagsik, Mga Nagkagantimpalang Kuwento (1972)
- Sa Bagwis at Sigwa (1976)
- Niño Engkantado (1979)
- Burat ng Kamatayan (1983)
- Alay (Katipunan ng mga Piling Tula) (1984)
- Tula sa Ating Panahon (1989)
- Dupluhang Bayan at Dalawa pang Tula (1990)
- Apoy at Unos (Katipunan ng mga Tulang Popular) (1993)
- Putong (2001)
- Anak ng Lupa
- Ninoy at Cory: Magkabiyak na Bayani (2009)
- Bulaklak Ng Maynila
Literary awards & recognition
- S.E.A. Write Award 2003 Awardee
- Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature
- 1967 – Short Story Second Prize: “Talulot sa Pagas na Lupa"
- 1968- Short Story Third Prize: "Himagsik ni Emmanuel Lazaro"
- 1969- Short Story Third Prize: “Elias at Salome”
- 1970 – Short Story Third Prize : “Dugo sa Kanyang Pagsilang”
- 1975 - Short Story First Prize : "Huwag Mong Tangisan Ang Kamatayan ng Isang Pilipino sa Dibdib ng Niyebe"
- 1976 - Maikiling Kuwento Third Prize: “Ang Pangarap ni Isis”
- 1993 – Grand Prize Novel : “Bulaklak ng Maynila”
- 1998 - Essay in Filipino Third Prize: "Dyipni"
- 2005 - Short Story in Filipino Second Prize: "Anay Sa Dagat Na Asul"
- Philippine Literature Portal - Brief biography
- Sea Write Awardee - Sea Write Recognition
- Sea Write Awardee 2 - Official S.E.A. Write website