Dominic David Joyce
|Born||8 April 1968|
|Alma mater||University of Oxford|
|Awards||Whitehead Prize (1997)|
Adams Prize (2004)
Fellow of the Royal Society (2012) 
|Institutions||University of Oxford|
|Doctoral advisor||Simon Donaldson|
Dominic David Joyce FRS (born 8 April 1968) is a British mathematician, currently a professor at the University of Oxford and a fellow of Lincoln College since 1995. His undergraduate and doctoral studies were at Merton College, Oxford. He undertook a DPhil in geometry under the supervision of Simon Donaldson, completed in 1992. After this he held short-term research posts at Christ Church, Oxford, as well as Princeton University and the University of California, Berkeley in the United States.
Joyce is known for his construction of the first known explicit examples of compact Joyce manifolds (i.e., manifolds with G2 holonomy). He has received the London Mathematical Society Junior Whitehead Prize and the European Mathematical Society Young Mathematicians Prize. In 1998 he was an Invited Speaker of the International Congress of Mathematicians in Berlin.
- Compact Manifolds with special holonomy. Oxford University Press. 2000.
- Riemannian holonomy groups and calibrated geometry. Oxford University Press. 2007. ISBN 9780199215591.
- with Yinan Song: A theory of generalized Donaldson-Thomas invariants. Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 217. 2012. arxiv.org preprint
- http://royalsociety.org/people/dominic-joyce/ Professor Dominic David Joyce FRS
- http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~joyce/ Dominic Joyce's home page
- http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~joyce/biog.html Dominic Joyce Biography
- http://www.lincoln.ox.ac.uk/index.php?page=profile&aid=44 Professor Dominic Joyce, Lincoln College, Oxford
- Dominic Joyce at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Dominic Joyce's results at International Mathematical Olympiad
- Joyce, Dominic (1998). "Compact manifolds with exceptional holonomy". Doc. Math. (Bielefeld) Extra Vol. ICM Berlin, 1998, vol. II. pp. 361–370.
- Calegari, Danny (September 2008). "Reviewed Work: Riemannian Holonomy Groups and Calibrated Geometry by Dominic D. Joyce". SIAM Review. 50 (3): 599–601. doi:10.1137/SIREAD000050000003000587000001. JSTOR 20454152.
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|