This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dominic Andrew North|
Leeds, England, UK
North went to school at St. Mary's Menston. He trained at Nydza School of Dance in Bingley and Central School of Ballet in London where he gained a Diploma in Dance & Related Studies. Awards whilst training included Boy's Award and Best All-rounder & Musicality Award. Scholarships included British Ballet Organization, Yorkshire Ballet Seminars, Northern Ballet Theatre course and International Ballet Masterclass, Prague.
North joined New Adventures in 2004 to perform as an ensemble swan in Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake with seasons at Sadler's Wells Theatre and on tour in the UK, Paris, Japan, South Korea, the United States, Australia and Athens.
In 2007 he performed with New Adventures in The Car Man and Nutcracker! before in 2008 taking on the principal role of Edward in Matthew Bourne's staged dance version of Edward Scissorhands for which he was nominated as Best Male Dancer (Modern) in the National Dance Awards 2009. The Award citation noted that "North is a strong dance-actor and brought depth, dead-pan humour and pathos to his memorable portrayal". He then played the soloist role of Cyril Vane in New Adventures' contemporary take on Dorian Gray in the summer of 2009, returning to Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake at the end of 2009 in the principal role of The Prince. Following a sold out Christmas season at Sadler's Wells Theatre North is currently[when?] on a world tour with this production. Away from New Adventures he created the lead role of Pascal in the Royal Opera House 2's dance version of The Red Balloon choreographed by Aletta Collins in 2009, performed with Douglas Thorpe in 2009 and appeared in the films Streetdance The Movie (3D) (2010), Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire and an advert for Skype.
- The Prince in Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake
- Liquorice Man in Nutcracker!
- Edward in Edward Scissorhands staged dance adaption of film
- Cyril Vane in Dorian Gray staged dance adaption of novella
- Pascal in The Red Balloon staged dance adaption of film
- Leo in Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty
- nominated as Best Male Dancer (Modern) in National Dance Awards, 2009
- "Dancer Of The Month" The Dancing Times January 2010
- "Dominic North: Back up North leading another Bourne ballet". Yorkshire Post. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Dance Awards for Best Male Dancer (Modern), 2009
- Dancing Times magazine
- Matthew Borne's Swan Lake Official Website
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|