|University||Dominican University of California|
|Conference||Pacific West Conference
Western Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (men's lacrosse)
|Athletic director||Brandon Leimbach|
|Location||San Rafael, CA|
|Basketball arena||Conlan Center|
Black White Gold
The Dominican Penguins are the 12 varsity athletic teams that represent the Dominican University of California, located in San Rafael, California, in NCAA Division II intercollegiate sports. The Penguins compete as members of the Pacific West Conference for all sports except men's lacrosse, which competes in the Western Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association. The university became a full member of NCAA Division II in 2011.
Dominican was originally a member of the NAIA and beginning in 2008 began a transition to NCAA Division II. The university joined the Pacific West Conference in 2009. The move put the Penguins in the same conference as fellow Bay area schools Notre Dame de Namur University and the Academy of Art University. That same year, Dominican’s student-athletes won the PacWest’s “Community Engagement Award” for their community service initiatives. Dominican also earned the PacWest Academic Achievement Award in 2009-2010 and 2010-11 for achieving the highest overall student-athlete GPA of all schools in the Pacific West Conference.
In 2006, the men’s basketball team won the California Pacific Conference (NAIA) for the fourth straight season, a first in the conference's history. The men’s soccer team captured the California Pacific Conference title in 2005 after an undefeated season. The women's volleyball team won the title in 2007. Dominican's athletic center, Conlan Recreation Center, was opened in 2000.
- Pickle, David (July 13, 2011). "Five new active members join Division II". NCAA. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Dominican Athletics Announces 2010-11 Schedules" at dominicanathletics.com, 2010-07-26. Accessed 2011-09-19.
- "NCAA grants Dominican athletics "provisional" status". Dominican University of California. July 2010. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Dominican wins PacWest Community Engagement award". Dominican University of California. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Dominican wins PacWest Community Engagement award". Dominican University of California. Retrieved May 22, 2013.