Dominican Republic at the 2016 Summer Paralympics
|Dominican Republic at the|
2016 Summer Paralympics
|NPC||Paralympic Committee of the Dominican Republic|
|in Rio de Janeiro|
|Competitors||2 in 2 sports|
|Summer Paralympics appearances|
Every participant at the Paralympics has their disability grouped into one of five disability categories; amputation, the condition may be congenital or sustained through injury or illness; cerebral palsy; wheelchair athletes, there is often overlap between this and other categories; visual impairment, including blindness; Les autres, any physical disability that does not fall strictly under one of the other categories, for example dwarfism or multiple sclerosis. Each Paralympic sport then has its own classifications, dependent upon the specific physical demands of competition. Events are given a code, made of numbers and letters, describing the type of event and classification of the athletes competing. Some sports, such as athletics, divide athletes by both the category and severity of their disabilities, other sports, for example swimming, group competitors from different categories together, the only separation being based on the severity of the disability.
- Men's Track
(Guide – Bizmark Volquez Diaz)
|100 m T11||11.73||2||Did not advance|
|200 m T11||24.38||3||Did not advance|
With one pathway for qualification being one highest ranked NPCs on the UCI Para-Cycling male and female Nations Ranking Lists on 31 December 2014, the Dominican Republic qualified for the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio, assuming they continued to meet all other eligibility requirements.
|José Frank Rodríguez||Men's road time trial C5||42:44.57||13|
|Men's road race C4-5||2:27:07||16|
- Pursuits and time trials
|José Frank Rodríguez||Men's 1000m time trial C4-5||N/A||1:14.427||19|
|Men's individual pursuit C5||5:27.010||11||Did not advance|
- "Paralympics categories explained". ABC. 3 September 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Making sense of the categories". BBC Sport. 6 October 2000. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "A-Z of Paralympic classification". BBC Sport. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "CYCLING QUALIFICATION" (PDF). International Paralympic Committee. 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 December 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Ranking — PARA — Cycling 2014". UCI. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2015.