|Commenced operations||May 2015|
|Operating bases||Las Américas International Airport|
|Headquarters||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
|Key people||Victor Miguel Pacheco Mendez, Founder, Frederik Jacobsen, President & CEO|
In late 2014, Dominican Wings received its AOC from the Dominican Republic's civil aviation authority and planned to offer charter flights between the Dominican Republic to Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago and Argentina for and on behalf of tour operators. Its first aircraft, an Airbus A320, was delivered on 3 May 2015.
In early 2018, it was announced that the airline had transition from charter operations to schedules low cost flights. The airline stated it had invested $60 million into its relaunch as an ultra-low-cost carrier. Operationally, it will employ at least one A320-200 on flights throughout the Caribbean.
In May 2018, the airline announced it would re brand to flycana and would operate as a low-cost carrier offering flights throughout the Caribbean and the Americas.
In February 2019, flycana announced it had signed an agreement with Aeropuertos Dominicanos Siglo XXI over the use of Santo Domingo Las Américas International Airport as a base. The start-up said in a statement that it was currently in the process of finalising an investment of USD80 million ahead of a planned launch during the last quarter of the year.
The airline has yet to announce its base and initial routes
The flycana fleet consists of the following aircraft as of August 2016:
- Dominican Wings. centreforaviation.com. retrieved 14 April 2015
- Dominican Wings secures AOC, Argentina flights to begin shortly. airsoc.com. retrieved 14 April 2015
- "Dominican Wings". Airliner World: 13. July 2015.
- "Avion Express Sells its Shares in Dominican Wings to the President of the Company". Flyavex. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Dominican Wings relaunched as a ULCC". ch-aviation.com. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 13.
- Avion Express to Establish Dominican Wings in Americas Market, Page retrieved 12 April 2015