||This biography of a living person includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Dominik Eulberg|
|Also known as||Rocco Branco|
Dominik Eulberg, born in 1978 in Westerwald, Germany is an electronic music artist and disc jockey who has released numerous singles as well as full-length albums on labels such as Cocoon Recordings and Traum Schallplatten. He occasionally works as a park ranger in German National parks, an occupation he plans to pursue full-time in the near future after retiring from music.
Eulberg was born and raised in the German region Westerwald.
Dominik's fascination for electronic music began at a very young age. The radio show "Clubnights” with Sven Väth was a major early influence. At the age of 15 he started buying records and learned to DJ. From the very beginning he has given his attention to innovative and experimental records.
In 1995 he bought his own equipment in order to give free rein to his creativity and to be able to appear as a live act.
His first publications appeared on Matthias Schaffhäuser´s label Ware and on Raum Music, a label located in Frankfurt. Shortly after, he met Riley Reinhold and Jaqueline Klein, which resulted in a collaboration on the labels Traum Schallplatten and Trapez. It is on the former label thet his first album “Flora and Fauna” was published. Further releases on Platzhirsch Schallplatten and Cocoon Recordings come later. Eulberg has also made a name for himself as a remixer, and in the course of that has put noted artists through the acoustic hoop, including DJ Hell, Roman Flügel, Le Dust Sucker, Tiefschwarz, Einmusik and Nathan Fake.
All kinds of sounds of nature set out the repertoire of sounds in his songs and give an organic, vivid character to his tracks.
From the croaking of frogs to the tweeting of birds, Dominik Eulberg always finds enough room for animal sounds in his songs. That can be seen clearly if you look at some of his track titles, such as for example “Basstölpel” (bass gannet)
In 2004 Groove Magazine, the specialist magazine for electronic music, made him Newcomer of the year in 2004 and third best producer. His first album “Flora and Fauna” was elected third best by a readers' survey in the German magazine Raveline and fifth best album of the year for 2004 by both The Groove and De:Bug. Dominik was also nominated for the German Dance-Music Award in the categories “Best Remix” and “Best Newcomer”.
In 2005 The Groove elected him producer of the year and third best national dj. Furthermore, five of his remixes appeared in the top 20 of the annual charts. By the magazine Raveline he was voted as second-best Remixer and Newcomer and his remix for Oliver Koletzki was number 2. Also, he was voted as fourth-best act and fifth-best national DJ.
2006 Dominik Eulberg was again nominated for the German Dance-Music-Awards in the categories "Best Producer" and “Best Remix".
- Spülsaum (Traumschallplatten)
- Diorama (Traumschallplatten)
- Bionik (Cocoon (Intergroove))
- Heimische Gefilde (Traumschallplatten)
- Flora & Fauna LP (Traumschallplatten)
- Kreucht & Fleucht (Mischwald)
- Bionik (Cocoon)
- Der Buchdrucker (Traumschallplatten)
- Dominik Eulberg & Gabriel Ananda - Harzer Roller (Traum)
- Eine kleine Schmetterlings-Hommage (Traum)
- Flora & Fauna Remixe Pt.1 (André Kraml, Justin Maxwell) (Traum)
- Flora & Fauna Remixe Pt.2 (Remute, Hrdvsion, Adam Kroll) (Traum)
- Die Wildschweinsuhle (Raum...Musik)
- Potzblitz & Donnerwetter (Cocoon)
- Die Rohrdommel und der Wachtelkönig im Schachtelhalmlabyrinth (Traum)
- Rotbauchunken Remixe (Tobi Neumann, Robag Wruhme) (Traum)
- Airburst (Raum...Musik)
- Gasthof "Zum satten Bass" (Trapez ltd)
- Basstölpel (incl. Robag Wruhme Remix) (Raum...Musik)
- Tigerkralle (incl. Gabriel Ananda Remix) (Sniper)
- 3 Viertel Pfund Unendlichkeit (Trapez ltd.)
- Die Rotbauchunken vom Tegernsee (Traumschallplatten)
- Dominik Eulberg feat. Wolfgang Thums – Mabuse (Ware)
- Der Hecht im Karpfenteich (Traumschallplatten)
- Dominik Eulberg feat. Wolfgang Thums – Knock out (Ware)
- Nebelfahrt (Ware)
- Marilyn (Raum...Musik)
- Ibsy Illitron (incl. Ze Mig L., Marc Tall Remixes) (Sniper)
- Morning Maniac Music (Sniper)
- Domstone - Dancefloorkilla (Sniper)
- Dom - Pangäa (Sniper)
- DJ Hell - Follow you (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Gigolo)
- Nathan Fake - Dinamo (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Traum)
- Oliver Koletzki - Mückenschwarm (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Cocoon)
- Shane Berry - Filteret 2 (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Trapez)
- Pier Bucci - L'Nuit (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Crosstown Rebels)
- Gabriel Ananda - Ihre persönliche Glücksmelodie (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Kamarouge)
- Sweet n Candy - Tacky wake up (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Raum...Musik)
- Steve Barnes - Cosmic Sandwich (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (MBF)
- Tiefschwarz - Issst (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Fine)
- Einmusik - Jittery Heritage (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Italic & Virgin)
- Le Dust Sucker - Mean Boy (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Plong!)
- Roman Flügel - Geht's noch? (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Cocoon)
- Dirt Crew - Largo (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Dirt Crew Rec)
- Ozy - Lingo (Dominik Eulberg Remix) (Trapez)
- Rone - Parade (Dominik Eulberg Remix)
As Rocco Branco
- Rocco Branco - Feuchtblatt ist Trumpf! (Platzhirsch)
- Rocco Branco - Blattschuss EP (Platzhirsch)
- Rocco Branco - Kapital Remixe (Misc., Einmusik) (Platzhirsch)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dominik Eulberg.|
- dominik-eulberg.de - official website