Dominion Voting Systems
|Industry||Electronic voting hardware|
Dominion Voting Systems Corporation is a Canadian company that sells electronic voting hardware including voting machines and tabulators. As of August 2010, Dominion voting machines are used in 600 jurisdictions in 22 states of the United States, and 80,000 Dominion ImageCast Precinct Optical Scan Tabulators are in use in other countries.
In May 2010, Dominion acquired Premier Election Solutions (formerly Diebold Election Systems) from Election Systems & Software (ES&S). ES&S had just acquired PES from Diebold and was required to sell off PES by the United States Department of Justice for anti-trust concerns.
New Brunswick was the first Canadian province to use Dominion's 763 tabulator machines. This election was used as a trial run for potentially using these machines for more elections in the country including in the federal elections.
There were some problems with the reporting of tabulator counts after the election, and at 10:45 p.m Elections New Brunswick officially suspended the results reporting count with 17 ridings still undeclared. The Progressive Conservatives and the People's Alliance of New Brunswick called for a hand count of all ballots. Recounts were held in 7 of 49 ridings and the results were upheld with variations of no more than 1 vote per candidate per riding.
Poulos, President and CEO of Dominion, has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto and an MBA from INSEAD, in Fontainebleau, France. Hoover (Vice President) has an MS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta.
- "Company Overview of Dominion Voting Systems Corporation". Bloomberg. June 21, 2017.
- Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. Statement Concerning "PAC-‐MAN Hack" of a Sequoia AVC Edge Voting Terminal[permanent dead link]
- "Selling trust in democracy". Toronto Star (Thestar.com). 2009-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. Acquires Premier Election Solutions Assets From ES&S". Business Wire.
- "Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. Acquires Premier Election Solutions Assets From ES&S". Benzinga. 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- Cave, Rachel (18 April 2016). "New Brunswick LIVENBMore Streams Radio One Listen". CBC News.
- "Liberals win majority in N.B. election amid vote-counting problems". CTV News Atlantic. September 23, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "CBC.ca - watch, listen, and discover with Canada's Public Broadcaster". CBC. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Yun, Tom (June 7, 2018). "Ontario's experiment with vote-counting machines could change elections to come". Macleans.
- Reevely, David (June 7, 2018). "Elections Ontario has 'utmost confidence' in new vote-counting machines but also has backup plan". Ottawa Citizen.
- "John Poulos". Dominion Voting. Archived from the original on 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "James Hoover". Dominion Voting. Archived from the original on 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2010-11-21.