|Nationality||French and Swiss|
|Awards||Officer of the Legion of Honour|
Officer of the National Order of Merit
|Alma mater||Marc Bloch University|
School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences
|Thesis||(1981 and 1995)|
|Discipline||Philosophy, environmental science, ecology|
|Institutions||Paris Institute of Political Studies|
University of Technology of Troyes
University of Lausanne (since 2006)
|Main interests||Sustainable development, degrowth, environmentalism|
He has two doctorates and is a specialist of the environment, global changes, and sustainable development. He published many articles and books and participated in various committees related to the environment.
Dominique Bourg co-directed La pensée écologique. Une anthologie (literally "Ecological Thinking: an Anthology") with Antoine Fragnière (2014) and the Dictionnaire de la pensée écologique ("Dictionary of Ecological Thinking") with Alain Papaux (2015). He analyses that, "Ecological thinking is characterised by a critique of modernity, a scepticism about the possibility of solving environmental problems through technology and a questioning of the separation between humans and nature".
According to Bourg, the root of the global problem (the deterioration of the environment) is the flow of materials and energy (linked with consumerism). He also thinks that over the last decades, economic growth increased wealth concentration and economic inequality while accelerating the destruction of natural resources and ecosystems, but without fulfilling its promise to provide more jobs or make people happier.
- Prix du « Promeneur solitaire » in 2003.
- Officer of the National Order of Merit since 2004.
- Officer of the Legion of Honour since 2013 (Knight since 2001).
- « Prix du livre environnement » of the Veolia Foundation in 2015, for the Dictionnaire de la pensée écologique ("Dictionary of Ecological Thinking").
Notes and references
- (in French) Julien Perrot, "Les Verts auraient-ils oublié la nature ?" Archived 4 June 2016 at the Wayback Machine, La Salamandre, number 234, pages 42-45, June 2016.
- (in French) Dominique Bourg Archived 4 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine, www.unil.ch (page visited on 11 October 2013).
- (in French) Étienne Dubuis, "Dominique Bourg : « C’est la décroissance ou le clash »", Le Temps, Wednesday 13 October 2010.
- (in French) Dominique Bourg and Antoine Fragnière, La pensée écologique. Une anthologie, Presses universitaires de France, 2014, 896 pages (ISBN 978-2-13-058444-5)
- (in French) Dominique Bourg and Alain Papaux, Dictionnaire de la pensée écologique, Presses universitaires de France, 2015, 1120 pages (ISBN 978-2-13-058696-8)
- (in French) Pascaline Minet, "La pensée écologique en cinq mots", Le Temps, Tuesday 13 October 2016 (page visited on 19 June 2016).
- (in French) Dominique Bourg, France Inter, biography from the documentation of Radio France (page visited on 15 July 2016).
- (in French) Dominique Bourg, personal page on the website of the Institute of Geography and Sustainability of the University of Lausanne (page visited on 15 July 2016).
- (in French) "Promotion littéraire pour les Légions d'honneur du 14 juillet" (in French). Retrieved 11 October 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Dominique Bourg|