|Born||November 5, 1965|
|Occupation||Rock musician, actress|
Ellen Van Der Hoeven
|Relatives||Elyssa Davalos (sister)|
Alexa Davalos (niece)
Dominique Davalos is American rock singer and bass player formerly in the band Dominatrix, whose controversial music video single "The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight," released in 1984, was deemed too racy for its time. The song's video, directed by Beth B., featured a fur and stocking-clad Dominique, and it was the imagery in the video set against the subject matter of the song that prevented it from becoming a mainstream success. Commercial radio stations banned the single, and MTV refused to air the risque video. In 2012, the video was placed on display in the contemporary art wing of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Davalos has Finnish and Spanish heritage from her father's side.
Dominique worked with former Go-Go Kathy Valentine under the name The Delphines. They released two albums: The Delphines (1996) and Cosmic Speed (2001). Dominique and Kathy's current band The BlueBonnets have released 3 albums to date, Boom Boom Boom Boom (2010) Play Loud (2014) and Tonewrecker (2017). They are currently touring the United States to support this latest release. Dominique and Kathy also play in the band Lady Band Johnson with Johnny Goudie.
Dominique is currently writing, singing and playing bass for her other Austin Texas born band SuperEtte who released their second EP When People Are Cold And Hard And Hate in 2016. The first EP Yours Til The End was released in 2014. Dominique is currently writing and singing in an all-female rock band called Dogs and Diamonds in Austin, TX. Dogs and Diamonds formed in the summer of 2016.
- Studio Albums / EPs
- The Delphines - The Delphines (1996)
- The Delphines - Cosmic Speed (2001)
- Drag - Drag (2001)
- Drag - Loose Like Brando (2005)
- The BlueBonnets - Boom Boom Boom Boom (2010)
- SuperEtte - Yours Til The End (2014)
- The BlueBonnets - Play Loud (2014)
- SuperEtte - When People Are Cold And Hard And Hate (2016)
- The BlueBonnets - Tonewreker (2017)
- LA Weekly
- "Obituary - Richard Davalos, actor who starred with James Dean in East of Eden". HeraldScotland. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- Canby, Vincent (May 31, 1987). "Salvation Have You Said Your Prayers Today (1987) TV EVANGELISM IS SATIRIZED IN 'SALVATION!'". The New York Times.
- The New York Times
- Blue Bonnets official website
- SuperEtte official site
- Dominique Davalos on Twitter
- Dominique Davalos on IMDb
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|