Dominique Jones (American football)
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||August 15, 1987|
|Place of birth:||San Diego, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||San Diego (CA) Horizon Christian|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
- 1 College career
- 2 Professional career
- 3 References
- 4 External links
He played college football at Shepherd University in 2010. As a tight end Jones totaled 403 yards on 34 receptions and averaged 11.9 yards a catch. He led the team in touchdown receptions with nine. The Rams had their furthest Division II playoff run in the school's history and won the WVIAC title before becoming the first WVIAC team to advance to the national semi-finals.
Sacramento Mountain Lions
Second stint with the Indianapolis Colts
Jones was released by the Colts on October 22, 2013.
Kansas City Chiefs
New York Giants
Return to Miami
The Dolphins signed Jones to a reserve/futures contract on January 19, 2016, along with Zac Dysert. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Dolphins as part of final roster cuts. He was re-signed on October 3, 2016.In a Week 9 victory over the New York Jets, Jones was the Dolphins' leading receiver with 3 catches for 42 yards and 1 touchdown, the first of his career. On March 6, 2017, the Dolphins declined to sign Jones to an offer sheet, making him a free agent.
- "Shepherd Rams 2010 Statistics". ShepherdRams.com. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "READING RECEIVER GETS CHANCE IN THE NFL". goifl.com/. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05.
- "Colts Transactions of May 2012". nfl.com.
- "Indianapolis Colts Transactions of 2012". colts.com.
- "Dolphins sign former Colts TE Dominique Jones to practice squad". sun-sentinel.com. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- "Indianapolis Colts sign tight end Dominique Jones to the active roster". colts.co. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- Twitter / KCChiefs: The #Chiefs have promoted TE Dominique Jones to the 53-man roster and has released WR Chad Hall.
- Bills reduce roster to 62 ahead of 53-man deadline
- "Dominique Jones". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Downing, Garrett (September 7, 2015). "Ravens Sign Three More To Practice Squad". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Downing, Garrett (September 22, 2015). "Ravens Release Running Back Terrence Magee". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (October 7, 2015). "Giants add WR Myles White to active roster, TE Daniel Fells to IR". Giants.com. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (October 15, 2015). "DB Brandon McGee, Tackle Xavier Proctor added to Practice Squad". Giants.com. Archived from the original on December 7, 2015. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "Vikings Sign TE Dominique Jones to Practice Squad". Vikings.com. November 17, 2015. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- "Dolphins sign QB Zac Dysert, TE Dominique Jones to futures deals". Miami Dolphins. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Poupari, Alain. "Dolphins Make Moves To Get Roster To 53". MiamiDolphins.com.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Dolphins Make Roster Move". MiamiDolphins.com. October 3, 2016.