Amta road (SH-15) and Jagadishpur road junction
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Domjur, Jagatballavpur|
Domjur is located at  It has an average elevation of 11 metres (36 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Domjur had a population of 16,822. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Domjur has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73% and, female literacy is 65%. In Domjur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age. Sastitala is the most biggest area of Domjur after 2005. Domjur has a large number of population belonging to Schedule Caste group. The majority of population is Hindu, but a notable portion of population is Muslim. Major festivals of the area are Durga Puja, Holi, Kali Puja, Diwali and Eid. Nowadays, Domjur Annual Book Festival is gaining popular attention. This fair is held in December and many celebrated artists and musicians perform at the fair.
- 16 Howrah Station - Domjur
- 34 Howrah Station – Ghoradaha
- 35 Howrah Station – Hantal
- 36 Howrah Station – Purash
- K11 Rabindra Sadan - Domjur
- C11 B.B.D.Bagh - Domjur
- C11/1 Howrah Station - Munsirhat
- E12 Esplanade – Udaynarayanpur
- E13 Esplanade – Jangipara
- BUS Route Without Number
Domjur has its own hospital. Apart from that, there are many nursing homes and polyclinics in the area.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Domjur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Distances in kilometres between stations" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2009-02-07.[dead link]