Amta road (SH-15) and Jagadishpur road junction
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Domjur, Jagatballavpur|
Domjur is located at  It has an average elevation of 11 metres (36 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India Domjur had a total population of 18,433 of which 9,040 (49%) were males and 9,393 (51%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,725. The total number of literates in Domjur was 14,396 (86.16% of the population over 6 years).
Domjur was part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census.
As of 2001[update] India census, Domjur had a population of 16,822. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Domjur has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73% and, female literacy is 65%. In Domjur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Sastitala is the most biggest area of Domjur. Domjur has a large number of population belonging to Schedule Caste group. Hindus form about the two-thirds of the population, whereas Muslims make up about one-third.
Culture and Festivals
Domjur has its own hospital. Apart from that, there are many nursing homes and polyclinics in the area.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Domjur
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Distances in kilometres between stations" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2009-02-07.[dead link]