|Birth name||Dominique Marquis Cole|
|Also known as||
March 9, 1991 |
Inglewood, California, United States
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Dominique Marquis Cole (born March 9, 1991), better known by his stage name Domo Genesis, is an American rapper, songwriter, and DJ from Los Angeles, currently signed to Odd Future Records. He is a member of the alternative hip hop collective Odd Future and trio MellowHigh. Since 2010, he has released 1 studio album, 3 mixtapes, and 4 collaborative albums.
2009–10: Rolling Papers
Domo Genesis joined Odd Future in mid-2009 because he was very good friends with Tyler, The Creator. His debut mixtape, Rolling Papers, was released on August 30, 2010. Production was done entirely by Tyler, The Creator, Left Brain and Syd tha Kyd.
2011–12: Under the Influence & No Idols
His second mixtape, Under the Influence, was released on September 20, 2011. Many saw this second release as a vast improvement over his first, citing "it's focused and rarely lacking in style — or yeah, SWAG.". On February 9, 2012, Domo released a track with Wiz Khalifa, titled "Ground Up". On February 22, 2012, it was announced that Domo Genesis would have his own strain of medical marijuana named after him, Domo OG.
Domo Genesis made his TV debut in the tenth episode in the first season of Odd Future's show, Loiter Squad, as Young Gunshot, his gangsta rap alter ego. Domo Genesis and Alchemist's collaboration mixtape, No Idols, was released for free download on July 31, 2012. The first official single, "Elimination Chamber", which features Earl Sweatshirt, Vince Staples and Action Bronson, was released on July 16, 2012.
2013–14: MellowHigh & Under the Influence 2
On April 4, 2013, Domo, with fellow Odd Future members Tyler, The Creator and Earl Sweatshirt, performed the song "Rusty" off of Tyler, The Creator's second studio album, Wolf, on The Late Show with David Letterman. On October 31, 2013, Domo released MellowHigh his collaboration album with MellowHype as MellowHigh. The album debuted at number 89 on the US Billboard 200.
On November 13, 2013, Domo Genesis revealed that he was working on a new mixtape Under the Influence 2 and his debut studio album. Then on April 3, 2014, Genesis said that he plans to release both projects before the end of 2014. He then hinted on Twitter that the release of Under the Influence 2 would be on November 5, 2014.
On January 4, 2016, Domo debuted a new track over SoundCloud, "KWYM", which stands for "Keep Working Young Man". It is produced by MaffYuu.
On March 10, 2016, the lead single, "Dapper" featuring Anderson .Paak, to Domo's debut studio album, Genesis, was released. On March 17, 2016, the second single, "Go (Gas)" featuring Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J & Tyler, The Creator, was released. Genesis was released digitally on March 25, 2016.
From May 29 to July 24, 2016, Domo embarked on the "2016 Chore Tour" in support of his album releasing.
- Genesis (2016)
- Radical (2010) (with Odd Future)
- The OF Tape Vol. 2 (2012) (with Odd Future)
- No Idols (2012) (with Alchemist)
- MellowHigh (2013) (with Hodgy Beats and Left Brain, as MellowHigh)
- Jeff Weiss (September 22, 2011). "Domo Genesis stays 'Under the Influence' on new mixtape". LA Times. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- Listen to Ground Up on Hulkshare – Free Music Streaming & Download. Hulkshare.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- Domo Genesis O.G. – Domo Genesis / Mike G – OddFutureTalk Forums. Oddfuturetalk.com (2012-02-22). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- HipHopDX (6 November 2013). "Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales - HipHopDX". HipHopDX. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "MellowHigh Opens Up About Their Album, Having Kids & More - Video". stupidDOPE. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- HipHopDX (3 April 2014). "Domo Genesis On Odd Future: "It's Time To Step Up For Myself"". HipHopDX. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "The Peoples Champ. on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 9 March 2015.