Domus Academy is a private school of design in Milan, Italy. It offers post-graduate and professional courses in fashion, industrial design, and design management.:132 It is not listed by the Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca, the Italian ministry of education, among the institutions authorised to award degrees in music, dance and the arts.
Domus Academy was founded in 1982 by the Mazzocchi family, owners of Editoriale Domus, which publishes Domus and Quattroruote magazines. Maria Grazia Mazzocchi was president of the school. Gianfranco Ferré was on the staff from 1983 to 1989, and Andrea Branzi was cultural director for the first ten years. In 2009 the school was bought by Laureate Education of Baltimore, Maryland for an estimated ten million euros.
- Ikujiro Nonaka, Toshihiro Nishiguchi (2000). Knowledge Emergence: Social, Technical, and Evolutionary Dimensions of Knowledge Creation. Oxford: Oxford University Press; ISBN 9780198029991.
- Istituzioni autorizzate a rilasciare titoli di Alta Formazione Artistica, Musicale e Coreutica (art. 11 DPR 8.7.2005, n. 212) (in Italian). Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca: Alta Formazione Artistica, Musicale e Coreutica. Accessed November 2013.
- Barbara Casavecchia, Anna Cirillo (13 January 2010). Le scuole gioiello del design vendute a un colosso americano (in Italian). La Repubblica. Accessed July 2016.
- Maria-Vittoria Alfonsi (2008). Gianfranco Ferrè: l'architetto stilista (in Italian). Milan: Baldini Castoldi Dalai. ISBN 9788860738905. Accessed July 2016.
- Ferré Gianfranco 1944 - 2007 (in Italian). Archivi della moda del novecento. Ministero dei beni e delle attività culturali e del turismo. Sistema Archivistico Nazionale. Accessed July 2016.
|This Italian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|