Don't Tell Her It's Me
|Don't Tell Her It's Me|
|Directed by||Malcolm Mowbray|
|Produced by||George G. Braunstein|
|Written by||Sarah Bird|
|Music by||Michael Gore|
|Distributed by||Hemdale Film Corporation|
|Box office||$1.2 million|
Don't Tell Her It's Me is a 1990 comedy film starring Steve Guttenberg, Shelley Long, Jami Gertz and Kyle MacLachlan. The film was directed by Malcolm Mowbray and written by Sarah Bird (adapted from her novel The Boyfriend School).
Gus Kubicek (played by Guttenberg) is a depressed and overweight cartoonist who recently won a battle against Hodgkin’s disease. His caring sister Lizzie Potts (Long), a nosy romance novelist, responds to his sadness by trying to set him up with a suitable woman. Yet to do so she must make him seem more dynamic and attractive. When Gus falls in love with Emily (Gertz), he adopts the persona of Lobo Marunga, a leather-clad biker from New Zealand.
Emily ends up falling for Lobo but Gus tries to tell Emily the truth as he ends up in bed with her.
The next day Lobo tells Emily that he's Gus and she gets furious with him and tells him to get out.
Gus, hurt, supposedly goes away to New York when in actual fact he is going to a friend's wedding.
The movie ends with Emily tracking down Gus at the airport and they share their first kiss as Gus's sister watches through binoculars
- Laura Alcalde as Bartender
- Mädchen Amick as Mandy
- Perry Anzilotti as Hairdresser
- Bill Applebaum as Man in Bar
- Stacy Areheart as Teenage Girl
- O'Neal Compton as Gas Station Attendant
- Nada Despotovich as Receptionist
- Jeannie Epper as Woman Thug
- Tony Epper as Gas Station Thug
- John "Speed" Finley as Biker
- Jami Gertz as Emily Pear
- Kenneth Graham as Lawyer
- Beth Grant as Babette
- Steve Guttenberg as Gus Kubicek
- Bert Hogue as Airport Security Guard
- Francis "Jessie" Krosnick as Waiting Man
- Shelley Long as Lizzie Potts
- Caroline Lund & Sally Lund as Annabelle Potts
- Kyle MacLachlan as Trout
- Joe Mowbray as Boy on Bike
- Kevin Scannell as Mitchell Potts
- Bonnie Terheggen as Woman in Bar
- William "Birdman" Thomas as Man in Line #1
- Michelle Torres as Ticket Agent
- Sam Youngblood as Man in Line #2
- Maslin, Janet (1990-09-21). "Review, Don't Tell Her It's Me, New York Times, 21 September 1990". movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "BIRD'S WORDS by Jennifer C. Shenk". moxiemag.com. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- Don't Tell Her It's Me on IMDb
- Don't Tell Her It's Me at Rotten Tomatoes
- Don't Tell Her It's Me at Box Office Mojo
|This article about a 1990s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|