Don't Turn Off the Lights
|"Don't Turn Off the Lights"|
|Single by Enrique Iglesias|
|from the album Escape|
|Released||14 August 2002|
|Enrique Iglesias singles chronology|
"Don't Turn Off the Lights" is a pop song by Enrique Iglesias from his 2001 album, Escape. The song was written by Iglesias, Kara DioGuardi, Steve Morales and Dave Siegel and was released as the third single from the album in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The song was produced by Steve Morales. Musician Aaron Fishbein created the main guitar riff and recorded all the guitar parts.
In interviews Iglesias has stated that for the album Escape he started using a different method to writing songs than he'd used before. Starting off with a title or single idea he would write the song around it. "Don't Turn Off the Lights" was the first song to use this method and set the tone for many of the other songs on the album. At the time it was expected that the song would be the album's first, in an interview with Mexican radio station Exa FM Iglesias stated that he believed the track would be the first single from his then upcoming album. The single was released in August 2002 and became very successful in Australia and New Zealand, peaking into the top ten in both countries. However, in United States was not as successful, peaking only at number 110 in the Billboard Hot 100. The song however did significantly push up sales of the album in the US during Iglesias's promotion. Iglesias promoted the week of Thanksgiving, performing the song on TV shows Last Call with Carson Daly, MTV's TRL, Live with Regis and Kelly and the Today Show summer concert series, where he attracted the largest crowd of Summer Concert series to date. A Spanish version of the song was also released titled "No Apagues La Luz".
The video for the single features footage of Iglesias performing in concert, relaxing backstage/off tour and interacting with fans.
- Australian CD single
- "Don't Turn Off The Lights" (Album Version) - 3:47
- "Don't Turn Off The Lights" (Fernando Garibay & Giorgio Moroder Remix) - 4:23
- "Don't Turn Off The Lights" (Fernando Garibay & Giorgio Moroder Extended Mix) - 6:27
- "Escape" (Stonebridge Radio Mix) - 4:30
- "Escape" (JJ's Radio Edit) - 3:47
- "Escape" (Video) - 3:29
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "Enrique Iglesias on rockonthenet.com". Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Australian-charts.com – Enrique Iglesias – Don't Turn Off the Lights". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Enrique Iglesias – Don't Turn Off the Lights" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Charts.nz – Enrique Iglesias – Don't Turn Off the Lights". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Arhiva romanian top 100 – Editia 27, saptamina 8.07–15.07, 2002" (in Romanian). Romanian Top 100. Archived from the original on 15 February 2005. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "ARIA Charts – End of Year Charts – Top 100 Singles 2002". ARIA. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "End of Year Charts 2002". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2002 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.