Don't Stop (Billy Idol EP)
|EP by Billy Idol|
|Released||October 24, 1981|
F2 21729 / DIDX 5224
|Billy Idol chronology|
|Singles from Don't Stop|
Don't Stop is Billy Idol's first solo record. Released in the US in 1981, it contains a version of Tommy James and the Shondells UK #1 "Mony Mony," that would become a later hit for him as a live version in 1987.
It also contains the song "Dancing with Myself", which had previously been a commercially unsuccessful single release for Idol's former band Gen X in the United Kingdom in 1980. "Dancing With Myself" (from that band's LP Kiss Me Deadly) was not re-recorded for the Don't Stop EP release but was remixed from Gen X's 6:05 minute long extended version of the song, and edited down into 4:50 minutes, from which a drum solo and chorus section were removed.
"Untouchables" is another Gen X song taken from the 1980 album Kiss Me Deadly, which was re-recorded for Don't Stop.
- "Mony Mony" (Tommy James, Bo Gentry, Ritchie Cordell, Bobby Bloom) – 5:01
- "Baby Talk" (Idol) – 3:14
- "Untouchables" (Idol) – 3:39
- "Dancing with Myself" (Billy Idol, Tony James) – 4:50
- The 1983 CD reissue of Don't Stop also includes a 12:50 length interview with Billy Idol by MTV VJ Martha Quinn.