Don Bosco Academy, Patna
|Don Bosco Academy|
Digha - Ashiana Road, PO Digha Ghat
|School type||Private Co-Ed|
|Motto||"For God and Country"|
|Patron saint(s)||Saint John Bosco|
|Founder||Mr. Alfred & Mrs. Dorothy de Rozario|
|Sister school||Don Bosco Academy, McCluskiegunj, Ranchi-829208|
|School board||Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)|
|Director||Alfred George deRozario|
|Hours in school day||5-6 hrs|
|Campuses||Digha, Patna; McCluskiegunj, Ranchi|
|Campus size||2 acres|
|Houses||Blue, Green, Red and Yellow|
|Slogan||For God And Country|
|Song||Boys and girls of Don Bosco|
|Sports||Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Table-Tennis, Caroms, Chess, Throw ball, Karate, Yoga, Badminton|
|Affiliations||Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations|
Don Bosco Academy, Patna is a co-educational institution located in the Digha area of Patna, India, established in 1973. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi – ISC/ICSE school (till 12th standard). It was founded by Alfred de Rozario and his wife Dorothy de Rozario. It is now managed by the Don Bosco Anglo-Indian Educational Society. The current principal of the school is Mrs. Mary Alphonsa.
Don Bosco Academy, Patna was founded in the year 1973 by Alfred de Rozario and Dorothy de Rozario. In 1972 they set up a small hostel for school going children in the name and style of Don Bosco Hostel. In 1973 they ventured to open an Anglo-Indian Co-educational school - Don Bosco Academy. Initially it served as a feeder school for the other but few, established schools of the area.
In 1981 they handed over the control and management of the school to the Don Bosco Anglo-Indian Educational Society, a registered body. In 1982 Mr. Rozario joined as Principal of Don Bosco Academy. In 1983 the school obtained affiliation to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi.
The main school campus is located in Digha locality of Patna which caters to Std 5 to 12. A junior campus is located in Patliputra locality of Patna which caters to students up to Std 4.
School building and facilities
The school functions in its own campus, measuring 2 acres (8,100 m2) at Digha, Patna. The school building is four-storied, with a playing field and an open-air stage. The school has science laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, 2 multi-purpose halls and over 30 State of the Art Smart Class-rooms & other spacious classrooms, three computer laboratories and a library. It has school buses for transporting students. DBA organises various intra−school and inter−school football and cricket tournaments every year.
The school is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi since July 1983 to conduct the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ICSE-Year-10) and from 1999 to conduct the Indian School Certificate (Year-12 ) examination (ISC-12).
The teaching staff of the school is good. They teach nicely. They are among the best teaching faculty in India.
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 𝓢𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓓𝓸𝓷 𝓑𝓸𝓼𝓬𝓸 𝓐𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓶𝔂 𝓲𝓼 " 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓓𝓸𝓷 𝓑𝓸𝓼𝓬𝓸, 𝓰𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻 " .
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Value Education/Moral Science
- History, Geography, Civics
- Computer Studies/Science/Applications
- Economics/Economic Applications
- Commerce/Commercial Studies/Applications
- Business Studies
- Socially Useful and Productive Work -(SUPW)
- Environmental Education/Science
- "Mercury rise relief for kids". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 31 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "'Children's Day still relevant'". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Kids line up special events to celebrate Teachers' Day". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 September 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Jharkhand students shine in badminton championship". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "SCHOOL HISTORY". www.donboscopatna.com. Archived from the original on 31 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Boscoite excels in lawn tennis contest". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Carmel, Don Bosco win carol competition". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.