Carlos Gereda y de Borbón
|Don Carlos Gereda y de Borbón|
24 January 1947 |
|Spouse||Maríá las Nieves Castellano y Barón, Marchioness de Almazán|
|Father||Don Nicolás Gereda y Bustamante|
|Mother||Doña María Luisa de Borbón y Pínto|
The youngest son of Don Nicolás Gereda y Bustamante, his mother Doña María Luisa de Borbón y Pintó was the only daughter of Alberto María de Borbón y d'Ast, 2nd Duke of Santa Elena, making Don Carlos a 5th great-grandson of King Carlos IV of Spain.
Early life and pedigree
Don Carlos spent his early childhood in Spain, before being sent to Ladycross Preparatory School in Sussex, England. He then attended Downside School, a Benedictine foundation in Somerset, before reading Industrial Engineering at the Complutense University of Madrid.
On 15 February 1975 he married Doña Maríá las Nieves Castellano y Barón, marquesa de Almazán (b. 24 September 1947); her family's title was created in 1575 by Philip II of Spain. Don Carlos is accorded by convention the style of Marquis iure uxoris ("by right of his wife").
In 1975 Don Carlos embarked on a career in business as a commercial development entrepreneur, which has provided him opportunities to travel the world from the Far East to South America and Central Europe. He and his wife, Blanche, lived in Buenos Aires from 1979 to 1986, from where they still operate an oil services company.
- Don Carlos is styled by courtesy Marquis of Almazán, as is customary in Spain, being married to the substantive title holder of that marquessate
- Honorific prefix of Excellency by virtue of being Grand Master of the Order of Saint Lazarus (statuted 1910).
- Knight of Malta
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Charles III
- 49th Grand Master of the Malta obedience of the Order of Saint Lazarus (statuted 1910). He was installed at the 2008 Chapter-General, elected as the after swearing the solemn oath in the presence of knights and dames of the order at Manchester Cathedral, United Kingdom.
- Cronista de Armas de Castilla y Leon, 01/2010.
- Further on the Order of St. Lazarus of Jerusalem
- An Order of St Lazarus investiture led by the Grand Master, S.E. Carlos Gereda de Borbón, at Santa Iglesia Catedral de Córdoba (2014)
- "H.E. Don Carlos Gereda de Borbon, Marquis de Almazan, 49th Grand Master". Structure: Persons: Grand Master. Order of Saint Lazarus (instituted 1910).