Douglas appeared in over 100 films from the late 1920s to the 1940s including The Great Gabbo (1929), Life Begins (1932), Men in White (1934), Madame X (1937), Cheers for Miss Bishop (1941), Now, Voyager (1942), Little Tokyo, U.S.A. (1942), Tall in the Saddle (1944), Murder, My Sweet (1944), Show Business (1944) and Gilda (1946).
Douglas was a one-man cast on The Black Castle. He played all roles in each episode and was the announcer. A review of The Black Castle in the trade publication Billboard complimented Douglas's handling of multiple roles in the drama. Bob Francis wrote: "Except for the fact that he is inclined to ham the wizard, making the role often seem more silly than awesome, Douglas puts on a good 15 minutes. His vocal changes are sharp and clear, and his characterizations come over effectively."
Douglas died on 31 December 1945 in Los Angeles, California, aged 40, after emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix. He is interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Glendale, California.
- The Great Gabbo (1929)
- Life Begins (1932)
- Men in White (1934) as Mac
- Fast and Loose (1939)
- The House of Fear (1939)
- The Zero Hour (1939)
- Flight Command (1940)
- The Night of January 16th (1941)
- Dead Men Tell (1941)
- Daring Young Man (1942)
- Juke Box Jenny (1942)
- Appointment in Berlin (1943)
- Action in the North Atlantic (1943) as Lieutenant Commander (uncredited)
- The Falcon Out West (1944)
- Tarzan and the Amazons (1945)
- Room, Adrian (2010). Dictionary of Pseudonyms: 13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins, 5th ed. McFarland. p. 151. ISBN 9780786457632. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- Dunning, John. (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3. P. 95.
- Francis, Bob (October 9, 1943). ""The Black Castle"" (PDF). Billboard. p. 11. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- Terrace, Vincent (1999). Radio Programs, 1924-1984: A Catalog of More Than 1800 Shows. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-4513-4. Pp. 177-178.
- Wilson, Scott (2016). Resting Places: The Burial Sites of More Than 14,000 Famous Persons, 3d ed. (2 volume set). McFarland. pp. 204–205. ISBN 9780786479924. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
|This article about a Scottish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|