Donald Robert Hunstein|
November 19, 1928
St. Louis, Missouri, US
March 18, 2017 (aged 88)|
Manhattan, New York, US
|Alma mater||Washington University in St. Louis|
Donald Robert Hunstein (November 19, 1928 – March 18, 2017) was an American photographer.
He studied at Washington University in St. Louis, graduating in 1950. Later he served in the United States Air Force in England. He returned to the United States in 1954 and settled in New York City. In 1955, Hunstein started working for Columbia Records. He remained there until 1986. Some of his photographs were published in 2013 book Keeping Time: The Photographs of Don Hunstein. One of his best-known images is of Bob Dylan walking with Suze Rotolo: it was used for the cover of Dylan's album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan.
- Richard Sandomir, "Don Hunstein, Who Photographed Great Musicians, Dies at 88", New York Times, March 24, 2017
- "Photographer Don Hunstein's behind-the-music shots". BBC. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Siddall, Liv (8 June 2015). "Columbia Calling: The incredible story of Don Hunstein, Columbia Records' in-house photographer". It's Nice That. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Mechanic, Michael (11 October 2013). "Just Look at These Great Old Photos of Glenn Gould, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and Billie Holiday". Mother Jones. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Rotolo, Suze (2009). A Freewheelin' Time. Aurum Press. pp. 216–218. ISBN 0-7679-2688-9.
- Sandomir, Richard (2017-03-24). "Don Hunstein, Who Photographed Great Musicians, Dies at 88". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- SAD NEWS: THE LAST OF THE LABEL PHOTOGRAPHERS HAS DIED