||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Member of the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly
for Saskatoon Southeast
November 5, 2003
|Preceded by||Pat Lorje|
|Deputy Premier of Saskatchewan|
August 23, 2016
|Preceded by||Don McMorris|
|Born||1950/1951 (age 66–67)
Don Morgan, QC (born 1950 or 1951) is a Canadian provincial politician. He is the Saskatchewan Party member of the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan for the constituency of Saskatoon Southeast. He is also the Minister of Education and the Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety.
Don Morgan was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. He is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan College of Law. He was appointed Queen's Counsel in 1990. He practiced law from 1979 until 1988, when he became Chairman and CEO of the Saskatchewan Legal Aid Commission. Morgan again practiced law from 1992 to 2007.
Don Morgan was first elected to the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly in 2003. In Opposition, he served as Justice Critic, Deputy Critic for First Nations and Métis Relations, Opposition Deputy House Leader, and served on the Private Members' Bills Committee.
He was reelected in 2007 and appointed Minister of Justice and Attorney General. In June, 2010, he was appointed Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety. In the Cabinet shuffle of September 2013 Don relinquished his portfolio of Advanced Education, retained his position of Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety, and added the position of Minister of Education. On August 23, 2016 Don was also appointed Deputy Premier.
- City lawyer hopes to bring civility to board Darren Bernhardt of The StarPhoenix. Star - Phoenix [Saskatoon, Sask] 01 Apr 1999: A8.
- "Honourable Don Morgan Q.C.". Government of Saskatchewan web site. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- Morgan, Don. "constituency web site". Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Saskatoon MLAs at cabinet table". Saskatoon StarPhoenix. November 22, 2007. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- Government news release. "NEW CABINET TO CONTINUE GOVERNMENT’S GROWTH AGENDA". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- http://www.gov.sk.ca/cabinet/morgan/ - Hon. Don Morgan, Minister of Advanced Education and Labour Relations and Workplace Safety
- http://donmorgan.ca/ - Constituency Web Site
|Provincial Government of Brad Wall|
|Cabinet posts (4)|
|Russ Marchuk||Minister of Education
September 13, 2013–present
|Rob Norris||Minister of Advanced Education
May 25, 2012–September 13, 2013
|Rob Norris||Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety
June 29, 2010–present
|Frank Quennell||Minister of Justice and Attorney General
November 21, 2007–May 25, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Don Morgan.|
|This article about a Saskatchewan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|