Don Page (physicist)
Page at Department of Physics, National Taiwan University
Don Nelson Page|
December 31, 1948
Bethel, Alaska, United States
|Residence||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
Hawking-Page phase transition
William Jewell College|
California Institute of Technology
University of Cambridge
|Institutions||University of Alberta|
|Thesis||Accretion into and emission from black holes (1976)|
Stephen W. Hawking
Page's work focuses on quantum cosmology and theoretical gravitational physics, and he is noted for being a doctoral student of the eminent Professor Stephen Hawking, in addition to publishing several journal articles with him. He is an evangelical Christian.
Page got his BA at William Jewell College in the United States in 1971, attaining an MS in 1972 and a PhD in 1976 at Caltech. He followed this with an MA at Cambridge, which he received in 1978.
His professional career started as a research assistant in Cambridge from 1976-1979, followed by an assistant professorship at Penn State from 1979-1983, and then an associate professor at Penn State until 1986 before taking on the title of professor in 1986. Page spent four more years at Penn State before moving to become a professor at the University of Alberta in Canada in 1990.
Awards and honors
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-13. Retrieved 2015-02-12.
- Spectrum of wormholes Hawking, S.W. (Inst. for Theor. Phys., California Univ., Santa Barbara, CA, USA); Page, D.N. Source: Physical Review D (Particles and Fields), v 42, n 8, p 2655-63, 15 Oct. 1990
- Thermodynamics of black holes in anti-de Sitter space Hawking, S.W. (Univ. of Cambridge, Dept. of Appl. Math. & Theoretical Phys., Cambridge, UK); Page, D.N. Source: Communications in Mathematical Physics, v 87, n 4, p 577-88, 1983
- Susskind, Leonard (2008). The Black Hole War: My battle with Stephen Hawking to make the world safe for quantum mechanics. Little, Brown. p. 253. ISBN 0-316-01640-3.
- Page, Don Nelson (1976). Accretion into and emission from black holes (Ph.D.). California Institute of Technology. OCLC 945995991.
- "Physicist Don Page named to the Royal Society of Canada". University of Alberta. January 20, 2012.
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|