|Born||October 1, 1950|
|Occupation||Author, Speaker, Founding Partner of CX Speakers|
Don Peppers (born 1950) is an American best-selling business author, keynote speaker, and an expert on the customer experience. Peppers is a founding partner of Peppers & Rogers Group, a customer-centric management consulting firm. He has delivered keynote presentations and executive workshops in more than 60 countries on six continents, and his books have been translated into 18 languages.
In 2013, Peppers was inducted into the Data & Marketing Association (formerly Direct Marketing Association) Hall of Fame, along with Seth Godin and Martha Rogers, and in 2015, SatMetrix ranked him as the world's most authoritative expert on customer experience.
Peppers grew up in a small town in Missouri, and attended the US Air Force Academy where he earned a B.S. in astronautical engineering. He ran on the varsity cross country team, captained the Academy's speech and debate team, and graduated first overall and academically in a class of 720. He won a fellowship to attend Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School, earning a Master's in Public Affairs.
After serving as an Air Force intelligence officer, he joined American Independent Oil Company as an economist in the oil industry. He then served as the director of accounting for Texas International Airlines, a regional airline. In the early 1980's, Peppers began working as a business development executive in the advertising world and, in 1988, was named to the first "Forty Under Forty" list published by Crain's New York Business. In 1990, he became CEO of Perkins/Butler Direct Marketing, a division of Chiat/Day. His 1995 book Life’s a Pitch: Then You Buy (1995) chronicles his experiences as a celebrated new-business rainmaker in the advertising industry. Peppers left Chiat Day in 1991 to found his own company, marketing 1:1 Inc., which later became Peppers & Rogers Group.
Peppers is a competitive runner and a married father of five.
In the past 20 years, Peppers has presented speeches and executive workshops in more than 60 countries around the world, focusing on maintaining a competitive edge while dealing with modern business issues in the marketplaces. The Times of London has listed Peppers among their “Top 50 Business Brains,” and Accenture has included him in its global list of the “Top 50 Business Intellectuals.”
In 2016, Peppers and Rogers founded CX Speakers. CX Speakers trains B2B and B2C companies. 
Since 1993, Peppers has authored or co-authored, with Martha Rogers, Ph.D., a total of ten business books, along with three editions of a graduate school textbook on customer-centric competition, collectively selling over a million copies in 18 languages. Peppers and Rogers are credited with having launched the CRM revolution with their first book, The One to One Future: Building Relationships One Customer at a Time (1993). Inc. Magazine managing editor George Gendron called this book “one of the two or three most important business books ever written,” while Business Week called it the “bible of the new marketing.”
In 2016, Peppers and Rogers released the third edition of the graduate school textbook, Managing Customer Experience and Relationships: A Strategic Framework (Wiley, 2016) as well as the greatly revised paperback edition of their book Extreme Trust: Turning Proactive Honesty and Flawless Execution into Long-Term Profits (Penguin, 2016).
Books by Don Peppers
- Customer Experience: What, How, and Why Now (Bookbaby, 2016) ISBN 978-1483560151
- Extreme Trust: Turning Proactive Honesty and Flawless Execution into Long-Term Profits (Penguin, 2016) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0143108559
- Managing Customer Experience and Relationships: A Strategic Framework (Wiley, 2016) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-1-119-23625-2
- Rules to Break & Laws to Follow: How Your Business Can Beat the Crisis of Short-Termism (Wiley, 2008) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-1-119-09080-9
- Return on Customer: Creating Maximum Value from Your Scarcest Resource (Doubleday, 2005) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0385510301
- Managing Customer Relationships: A Strategic Framework (Wiley, 2004 and 2011) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0470423479
- One to One B2B: Customer Development Strategies for the Business-to-Business World (Doubleday, 2001) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0385502306
- The One to One Manager: Real-World Lessons in Customer Relationship Management (Doubleday, 1999) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0385502290
- The One to One Fieldbook: The Complete Toolkit for Implementing a 1 to 1 Marketing Program (Doubleday, 1999) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. and Bob Dorf ISBN 978-1900961875
- Enterprise One to One: Tools for Competing in the Interactive Age (Doubleday, 1997) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 0-385-48205- 1
- Life's a Pitch: Then You Buy (Doubleday, 1995) ISBN 978-0385507530
- The One to One Future: Building Relationships One Customer at a Time (Doubleday, 1993) with Martha Rogers, Ph.D. ISBN 978-0385485661
- "Seth Godin, Don Peppers, and Martha Rogers 2013 DMA Hall of Fame Inductees - thedma.org". thedma.org. 26 September 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Customer Experience Management - Satmetrix". Satmetrix. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Don Peppers - CX Speakers". cxspeakers.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "40 Under 40: Class of 1988". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Pitching Peppers". inc.com. 1 April 1996. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "CX Speakers – Don Peppers & Martha Rogers". www.cxspeakers.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Don Peppers: 1:1 Marketing Goes Mobile". mmaglobal.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "About CX Speakers". cxspeakers.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Don Peppers Keynote Speakers Bureau & Speaking Fee". bigspeak.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "The One to One Future - Business Book Summaries". www.bizsum.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Don Peppers Joins JETERA Board of Advisors". prweb.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Donald Peppers: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Managing Customer Relationships". 1to1media.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-04.
- "Don Peppers". fastcompany.com. Retrieved 18 July 2017.