|Occupation||Editor of Poetry magazine|
Share, who was named the editor-in-chief of Poetry in 2013, previously served there as Senior Editor. Earlier, he was Curator of the Woodberry Poetry Room at Harvard University from 2000 until 2007. He was Editor in Chief of Literary Imagination, the review of the Association of Literary Scholars and Critics (published by Oxford University Press); Poetry Editor of Harvard Review; a contributing editor for Salamander; and on the advisory board of Tuesday; An Art Project. He was Poetry Editor for Partisan Review until it ceased publication in 2003.
His poetry collection Wishbone from Black Sparrow Press was published in 2012. Squandermania, was Share's second full collection of original poetry (Salt Publishing, 2007), three poems from which were nominated for a Pushcart Prize. His first book, Union, (Zoo Press, 2002), was a finalist for the Boston Globe/ PEN New England Winship Award for outstanding book. His other books include: Seneca in English (Penguin Classics) and I Have Lots of Heart (Bloodaxe Books, 1997), a selected collection of Miguel Hernández, for which Share received the Times Literary Supplement Translation Prize and Premio Valle Inclán Prize for Translation from the UK Society of Authors. His critical edition of the poems of Basil Bunting is forthcoming from Faber and Faber.
Share presents the Poetry magazine podcast.
- Union: Poems, Zoo Press, 2002, ISBN 9780970817778; Eyewear Publishing, 2013, ISBN 9781908998101
- Squandermania, Salt Pub., 2007, ISBN 9781844712946
- Don Share, ed. Basil Bunting Translated, Bunting's Persia, Flood Editions, 2012, ISBN 9780983889304
- Wishbone. Black Sparrow Books. 2012. ISBN 978-1-57423-219-6.
- "Poetry Magazine staff". Poetry Foundation. Retrieved May 28, 2011.
- "Don Share". The Poetry Foundation. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "Scholars Examine Harvard’s Rich Poetic Tradition". Harvard Crimson. February 15, 2007. Retrieved May 28, 2011.
- To Our Readers: Poetry's new editor on the motive of the magazine
- "Share's Poetry: Established Editor and Emerging Poet"
- Poetry magazine