Don Victoriano Chiongbian, Misamis Occidental
|Don Victoriano Chiongbian|
|Nickname(s): The Crossroads of MisOcc|
Map of Misamis Occidental with Don Victoriano Chiongbian highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|District||2nd district of Misamis Occidental|
|Founded||February 8, 1982|
|• Mayor||Rodolfo D. Luna (NP)|
|• Vice Mayor||Annabelle B. Hamoy (NP)|
|• Total||284.60 km2 (109.88 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||36/km2 (93/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||5,359 voters (2016)|
It was created on February 8, 1982, as Don Mariano Marcos under virtue of Batas Pambansa Blg. 171. It was renamed in 1986 to its current name in honor of its first municipal mayor. The municipality is home to Mount Malindang National Park.
Don Victoriano Chiongbian is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- Bagong Clarin
- Lake Duminagat
- Nueva Vista (Masawan)
|Population census of
Don Victoriano Chiongbian
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Don Victoriano Chiongbian was 10,183 people, with a density of 36 inhabitants per square kilometre or 93 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Misamis Occidental". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Misamis Occidental". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|