Donald Angus MacKenzie
Donald Angus MacKenzie
|Born||5 May 1950|
|Awards||1993 Robert K. Merton Award of the American Sociological Association|
|Main interests||Social studies of technology|
Donald Angus MacKenzie FBA FRSE FAcSS (born 5 May 1950) is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. His work constitutes a crucial contribution to the field of science and technology studies. He has also developed research in the field of social studies of finance. He has undertaken widely cited work on the history of statistics, eugenics, nuclear weapons, computing and finance, among other things.
In August 2006, MacKenzie was awarded the Chancellor's Award from Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Chancellor of the University of Edinburgh, for his contributions to the field of science and technology studies. He is also the winner of the 1993 Robert K. Merton Award of the American Sociological Association among many others.
- MacKenzie, Donald (1981). Statistics in Britain, 1865-1930: The Social Construction of Scientific Knowledge. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press. ISBN 9780852243695.
- MacKenzie, Donald; Wajcman, Judy (1985). The Social Shaping of Technology: How the Refrigerator Got Its Hum. Milton Keynes Philadelphia: Open University Press. ISBN 9780335150267.
- Mackenzie, Donald (1990). Inventing Accuracy: A Historical Sociology of Nuclear Missile Guidance. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262132589.
- MacKenzie, Donald (1998). Knowing Machines: Essays on Technical Change. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262631884.
- MacKenzie, Donald (2001). Mechanizing Proof: Computing, Risk, and Trust. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9780585436739.
- MacKenzie, Donald (2006). An Engine, Not a Camera: How Financial Models Shape Markets. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9781423774488.
- MacKenzie, Donald; Muniesa, Fabian; Siu, Lucia (2007). Do Economists Make Markets?: On the Performativity of Economics. Princeton: Princeton University Press. ISBN 9780691138497.
- MacKenzie, Donald (2009). Material Markets: How Economic Agents are Constructed. Oxford New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199278152.
- "MacKenzie, Donald A." Library of Congress. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
data view p. (b. 05/05/1950)
- Donald MacKenzie's faculty homepage at the University of Edinburgh
- Donald MacKenzie's contributions published in The London Review of Books (including "The Political Economy of Carbon Trading")
|This biography of a Scottish academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a British sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|