|Donald Max Engelman|
|Thesis||Solubilization and Aggregatino Properties of Membrane Components from Mycoplasma Laidlawii (1968)|
|Doctoral students||Mark A. Lemmon|
Donald Max Engelman (born 1941) is Higgins Professor of Biochemistry at Yale University. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences (1997), fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, a fellow of the National Institutes of Health, and has been a Guggenheim fellow. He is a director of the Stryker Corporation. He is involved in the creation of new cancer drugs and treatments. For example, Engelman is involved in research to use peptides to aid in destroying tumors.
Administration, advising, and consulting
Engelman has served as Director of Biological Sciences at Yale, an advisor to the Brookhaven National Laboratory, and a consultant to the Los Alamos National Laboratory. He also served as Acting Dean of Yale College in 1991.
Engelman directs the Engelman Laboratory at Yale.
- Lemmon, Mark A.; Flanagan, John M.; Treutlein, Herbert R.; Zhang, Jian; Engelman, Donald M. (1992). "Sequence specificity in the dimerization of transmembrane .alpha.-helixes". Biochemistry. 31 (51): 12719–12725. doi:10.1021/bi00166a002. PMID 1463743.
- Lemmon, Mark Andrew (1993). Specific interactions between transmembrane alpha-helices: Their role in the oligomerization of integral membrane proteins (PhD thesis). Yale University. (subscription required)
- "REED COLLEGE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES AWARDS".
- "All Fellows - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation". Gf.org. Archived from the original on 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Donald M. Engelman Profile - Forbes.com". People.forbes.com. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- redOrbit. "URI Research Couple's Method Targets Cancerous Tumors - Redorbit". Redorbit.
- "Reed Magazine: News of the College".
- "A Yale College Dean Is Named". The New York Times. 1991-10-15.
- "List of Public Companies Worldwide, Letter - Businessweek - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "The Engelman Lab - Donald M. Engelman". Yale.edu. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "The Engelman Lab". Yale.edu. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Donald M Engelman, Page 1".